𝟎𝟖❤︎

amaiyah dìaz
east harlem, new york
2:32 pm

"You're joking right?" I ask the distressed girl in front of me. "Why would I joke about this shit bro" Sora says rubbing her temple as she tries to keep herself together. "fuck fuck fuck!!" she yells out of frustration.

So let me tell you what happened. Yesterday when I heard the news about my grades, Sora did too but the thing is hers weren't good. When her dad heard about her grades he flipped out and there was a huge fight in their house. That's also why she couldn't be there yesterday.

On top of her grades being bad and her attendance being low her mom had also found her weed stash. They were against it because they wanted her to have a good health when she grows up.

Her parents had so much faith in her at the beginning of the school year but she had let them down real bad so her dad decided to use his only option. Sending her to Jamaica.

He thought it'll do her good since her grandparents were super strict. She'd wake up, help clean, help with their shop, study and go to bed again. They have had enough of her partying and that sort of nature.

"I can't go there" she says pacing around my kitchen knowing she won't do fun stuff there. I didn't really know what to tell her because knowing how her dad planned stuff, she was going in like 2 days max.

"So uh when are you leaving?" I awkwardly scratch the side of my head. I didn't really know how to react in these sort of situations. "he hasn't told me yet" she sighs walking over to me. She brings me in for a hug as I hug her back tightly.

"I don't wanna leave you.." she says still keeping me in a hug. I smile to myself, we really had a great friendship bond. "I don't want you to leave either.." I say rubbing her back softly.

I really didn't want her to go because she is the person who I can run to with any situation and the same goes for her. We are each others comfort and happiness and with her being 1573 miles away it's gonna be hard to communicate like we do now.

It also means I have to go into my second year of uni all alone. I'm really gonna miss our break times and study hours together. It's not like she's gonna be in Jamaica for ever but at least until she has changed and knowing her she's a stubborn girl who's gonna make it hard for her grandparents.

I sigh as we just melt into the hug. I was just so happy about my grades and now my best friend is getting send away. We hang out for the rest of the day and she goes home to hear from her parents when she'll leave.

I had just settled down on my couch with a big cup of tea after hanging out with Sora and suddenly my phone goes off. I go to check who texted me to see it was that guy Kevin.

Kevin🍃
________________

today 5:37 PM

yo wyd?

js bout to cook me some food
wbu?

ai facetime me
read: 5:39 PM

Damn so he wanna facetime already. I mean I normally don't really like calling people in general except for my best friends but this is new.

I open the facetime app and click on his number. It starts dialling before it connects and I see his face on my screen. It made me smile a bit as I position my camera to my face.

"you high again?" I chuckle since the four times i've seen this nigga he's been high. He nods as his eyes hung low with a small smile plastered on his face.

We start speaking about everything and nothing and I was enjoying it. "So you're actually a rapper?" I ask being interested in getting to know him. "yeah i've start in 2020" he answers as he talks about his career.

I listen attentively to his words because he seems genuinely happy chattin about it. He had an indescribable smile on his face which brought me a bit of joy. The topic soon switched to something else as we kept on talking continuously.

"So how you know Cam?" he asks leaning back. I start explaining from the start.

My friendship with Camrin Williams started at the age of 16. We met each other when Camrin transferred to my school in 10th grade.

It was the first day of school, I was sat in the very front row so I could pay all my attention to the teacher explaining her knowledge about the subject history.

There was a knock on the door which led to all the students looking at the direction of the door. A boy with blue and black dreads, low eyes and a frown on his face stood in the doorframe after it has been opened.

He walked in and sat right next to me. I was confused since pretty much the whole front row was empty due to everyone thinking the front row is for 'nerds'.

I turned my head to face him and caught him already looking in my direction. I knew that if i'd talk the teacher would give a whole lecture about not speaking during her lesson so I gave him a soft smile which he instantly returned. Something told me I knew we were gonna be good friends.

"Ai so you and Cam been friends for 2 years" he smiles. I nod as I stand up to go to the bathroom. We have been facetiming for 2 hours now just talking about all sorts of random things. I also totally forgot to actually cook the food so I just ate leftovers from yesterday.

I step inside the bathroom as I place my phone on the counter so Kay could still see me. I grab all my skincare and mouth care. I start brushing my teeth as Kay was rolling up yet another blunt. This guy and his blunts.

As I finish brushing and scraping my mouth I go and wash my face. I then dry it off and apply moisturiser and serums. After everything I look into the mirror and smile. I forgot I was on the phone with Kay so I quickly pick it up and speak to him.

I had already put my pyjamas on so I was actually ready to enter my bed. I lay down and just smile into the camera. Sometimes I have these moments where I just enjoy the moment. I was feeling fresh and was just really happy at that moment.

"What yo ass smilin for ma?" he asks in a low tone since he is high as fuck. I playfully roll my eyes as I just ignore him. "I'm ready to sleep so imma text ya in the morning" I say after yawning. "Ai goodnight Maiyah" he says as I say it back.

I then hung up and immediately dozed off.

A/N

I feel like I did too much in one chapter but oh well
I'm kind off struggling with writers block at the moment so i'm gonna take my time to actually write out my ideas for this story.

I gotta stop being lazy✊🏽