𝟏𝟓❤︎

amaiyah dìaz
east village, manhattan
10:22 am

"¡No volverás aquí!" I shouted trough the phone before immediately hanging up, not caring about the reply.

*you're not coming back here*

Let me rewind that for you. So this morning my mom called me for the first time in a month. She's been ignoring all my texts and calls so I kind of just stopped reaching out.

When she left she told me she would be back in about 3 weeks...well it has been 3 months.

It's not like i'm a baby who can't live without their mother but hey, i'm just a university student with an instagram account as my income.

She used to pay the rent but when she left she just stopped paying for anything. Fortunately Kevin paid for it which i'm extremely grateful for.

Otherwise i'd be sleeping outside like them rats on the street. Anyway so she called me and told me she'd be coming back in a week.

The nerve she even has to call me and to tell me she wants to come back. I immediately told her no because after that eviction notice I immediately signed her out of the house.

I am now the main resident in this apartment. I was actually so mad at the fact she wanted to come back. See I can't prevent her from coming back to New York but I can prevent her from ever entering this house again.

I know it's my mom and all, but she didn't pay the rent on purpose because I know damn well she be saving her money.

Right now I was sat on the edge of my bed just staring into space. I was feeling so many emotions at once but I kept them all inside of me.

The next rent payment is due in a week and it is about 5.8k which I yet again don't have right now. I've gotten a small university job but it doesn't pay me that much.

I didn't wanna ask Kevin for help again but he's the only one who could help me right now. I sigh before texting him.

Kevin🍃
_________________

today 11:02 am

hey
can u come over?

ai i'm omw
read: 11:03 am

Kevin pulled up to the apartment and I let him in. We sit down on the couch and start talking. "I really don't wanna do this Kevin" I sigh looking down at my lap in shame.

He raises my chin with his finger so I could look at him. "Talk to me Mai" he requestedwith a soft voice.

"I have to pay rent this week bu-" I was cut off by Kevin asking a question. "How much u need?" he asked taking out his phone.

I looked at him as I was a bit shocked at how fast he said yes. "uh..5.8k" I stated shamefully as he just nods and sends me the money trough cash app.

I thank him again and just hug him as we stay there. I'm honestly so thankful that he has entered my life because it would've went left if I had to handle this all on my own.

I decide to cook a late breakfast for him as a thank you. I put together a breakfast which consists of an egg, two pancakes and some sausages.

He sits down and eats it and I clean it up after he's done. He walks over to me and places a soft kiss on the right side of my cheek. I smile and hug him by his neck while pulling him closer.

"You know i'll always help you" he says lowly into my ear as we hug. His deep voice inside of my ear did something to me. "Thank you Kev" I mumbled hugging him tighter to show him how grateful I am.

I was feeling pretty down lately because there is some stuff happening in my life right now and I don't know how to deal with everything.

I don't wanna sound like a burden to anyone but it's hard to deal with everything alone. My mom's likeablity has decreased so much ever since she divorced my dad. I don't know what changed in her but something definitely did.

All she did when she was in the house was complain, complain about food, complain about the dishes, complain about my dad to me and all of that affected me.

They never had a happy relationship and I've never seen them actually love each other. All they did was sit down and watch tv without a word and then go to bed, they never went out together, none of the normal couple stuff.

The way they raised me is also very different. My dad was never much of a talker so he let everything slide so my mom could do it. All the decisions in the house were made by her, she was the leader of the household.

Normally it's the man who leads, because a man resembles strength but my dad was weak. Weak in every aspect possible.

Because of my mom being the strong one and my dad being the weak one I've never really connected with my dad.

For all I know I barely even know him. He has been around until I turned 14 but in those years we never had much of a bond.

Of course it's hard when everywhere around you you see kids with their dads and them looking up to him but I managed.

Just like I managed everything else after he left. To be fair I don't really like the family I was born in. Everyone wonders why because all they see from the outside is a nice and normal family but behind the curtains there are other things happening.

Me and Kevin were now cuddled up on the couch while watching 'Superstore'. "Jonah just needs to wife her up bro" he says sighing as we watch how Jonah and Amy flirt. "For real but Amy gotta stop playin" I laugh since she has been rejecting him for so long.

I lay my head back down onto his chest as we continue watching. He decided he'll be sleeping over since he wanted to keep me company. It's hard keeping a distance from somebody like Kevin...

A/N

I'm sorry this is a pretty short chapter because I don't really know what to add that'll make it longer and better.
Isn't kevin just such a sweetheart😋