𝟎𝟗❤︎

amaiyah dìaz
east harlem, manhattan
11:23 AM

I was stood in the middle of Sora's front porch. Today was her last day in New York before she was getting send away to Jamaica. Celina had already been crying since she got here but I on the other hand couldn't get a single tear out just yet.

I've never been a very emotional person so crying in front of other people was definitely a no go for me. I just kept hugging Sora as the hour of her departure was getting closer. We all sat down near her front door as we watched her dad put her luggage into his car.

Sora had developed a disliking towards her father right now because she thought it was extremely unnecessary to send her away. As her father put the last bag in the trunk of his toyota camry she watched him with a mug on her face.

As there were now only 10 minutes on the clock before she gets in that car and leaves we all stand up and hug for the 12th time this morning. Her dad was now locking the front door and stepping inside the car to drive Sora to the airport.

Me and Celina watch her step inside the car as we wave her goodbye. A few seconds after she closed the door her dad drove off and we watched until they turned a corner.

Cami🫶🏽🐐
________________

yoo mai
come hang with us at the stu

who's us?

me, lovee, kay and dougz

ight imma bring cee
read: 6:52 pm

Me and Celina were now in her car driving to the studio they were in. It was a comfortably quiet drive so I could enjoy the view. Jhené Aiko was softly being played in the background as Celina mumbled along.

We were entering the street and parked right up front. As I step out I look down at what I was wearing. I had a white tee on with an olive green cardigan and blue washed baggy jeans. On my feet I wore my white adidas sambas and I had gold jewellery on.

Celina was ahead of me and opened the door to the front desk. The same man was sat in the chair at the desk as he smiled at me. Seemed like he recognised me so he pointed to the door they were in.

Before we could open the door Dougie opened it so fast the door almost fell out. He instantly hugged me tightly. Ever since i've got to know him he's been really affectionate, in a friendly way of course. I liked it because he was genuinely such a nice person.

He welcomed us in after also saying hello to Celina. We went and sat at the couch that was close to the door. Camrin was currently in the booth just fooling around with different sounds and effects.

"You not sitting next to me ma?" I heard a voice call out to me. I turn my head to the left and saw Kay smoking a blunt while talking to me. His face turned from a bored expression to a smile as he saw my face.

I chuckle before standing up and sitting right next to him on the spacious leather couch. He offers me the blunt as I gladly take it. I place the blunt in between my lips before slowly inhaling the smoke. I pass the blunt back to him as I exhale. We keep going back and forth like that until the blunt is finished.

I look over at him and just start laughing. At this point everything was funny to me. Camrin then exits the booth and Kay looks at me and asks me to come with him. I've never been in a booth before but hey, first time for everything right?

He stands up and holds the glass door of the booth open for me as I enter. I awkwardly wait for him to finish speaking to the person who arranges the sound. He then steps inside and walks over to the mic. He nods at me before the sound turns on and he starts rapping whatever came to mind.

It came out of his mouth so fluently that it only needed two takes and his verse was done. He then takes off the headphones and hands them to me. I frown since I didn't know what he meant so I just hold them. "Put them on" he tells me.

I awkwardly chuckle since I didn't understand it at first. I'm a slow person okay? I put the headphones over my head as I push my hair to the back. I stand in front of the mic and look at Kay.

"What do I do?" I ask in slight panic. "Just do whatever feels good" he answers leaning against the wall as he nods at me. I feel the panic rise as the music started playing but I soon notice it was one of Frank Ocean's beats. I immediately recognise it as the song 'Super Rich Kids'.

I start singing lowly at the beginning but soon my passion came trough. I didn't wanna brag but damn I was going good. "Start my day up on the roof" I sang into the mic with the same kind of passion. It felt as if I was the only one in the room as I kept singing.

"I'm searching for a real love" I sang at a high note as the song was coming to an end. I then toned down and sang a few low notes before the song fully ended. I step back as I was still in a slight daze. It was really quiet in the room as I finally look up and saw everyone in shock.

I was in shock as well since I never really sang like this. What can I say? Frank just brings the best out of people. I take the headphones off of my head and place them on the stand next to the mic. I turn over to Kay and notice he had a big smile on his face.

"Damn Maiyah" he smirked lifting himself off of the wall. "If uni doesn't work out this is an amazing second choice" he compliments me as he hugs me. I hug him back so I could hide my blush. I was feeling a bit embarrassed but seeing that everyone liked it it made me happy.

"So when you coming to preform at one of my concerts?" Kay asks me. I chuckle as I softly shake my head. "Enough concerts for me, I nearly lost my hearing at the last one" I chuckle holding my ear.

"Which one?" he asks curious. "It was some sort of festival with random drill rappers" I say not even knowing their names anymore.

"You got names?" he asks frowning before Celina started speaking. "Dthang, Jay Hound and some other guys who I don't know the name of no more" she replies. I saw Kay's face change after hearing those names and it got real quiet.

It was honestly very awkward because he didn't speak anymore. I look at Camrin who gave me an awkward smile. "I make it awkward" I sang the song by SZA trying to lighten the mood as Celina starts chuckling.

"Anyways who next up?" I hear Camrin ask the group. Dougie stood up and walked over to the booth. He started rapping and playing with sounds as me and Celina just scrolled on our phones. Kay was still a bit tense but he was just rolling up another blunt.

A/N
I was struggling so bad with this chapter and it still don't make sense
Anyway how you lot doing???
Please don't be a silent reader🫶🏽