𝟎𝟒❤︎

amaiyah dìaz
east village, manhattan
9:21 am

Last night I fell asleep really late at night because I was held awake by my mind that kept racing. I kept overthinking everything that had happened in the last 5 years of my life.

I get up out of bed and walk my ass over to the bathroom. As I tilt my head up to look in the mirror I see myself with the puffiest eyes I've ever seen. The mixture of crying and barely getting any sleep is not a good look on me. I bow my head down the sink to splash my face with water.

I grab my toothbrush and toothpaste from the cupboards above and start brushing my teeth. After brushing I scrape my tongue because you can't catch me lacking with bad breath like dem teachers.

I then splash my face with water again before pumping some cleanser into my hand and applying it to my wet face. It starts foaming as I keep on rubbing it into my skin. I then wash it off and continue with the rest of my skincare routine.

As I walk back into my room I can hear my phone ringing on the bed so I go and pick it up. 'FaceTime call from Cami🩷🐐' it reads.

He insisted on adding that goat at the end because he thinks he is one. I swipe to pick it up as it starts connecting before I see Camrin's happy face on my screen.

"my favourite friend" he smiles into the camera as he adjusts the way he is laying down. "nah you got other friends?" I say being fake hurt as I put my hand on my chest. He chuckles as he shakes his head. "what you up to?" he asks as he frowned lightly. "got an essay to finish" I sigh thinking of the amount of work that's waiting for me.

"you stay on that school work" he says rolling his eyes with a scoff. sassy much. "you want me to end up like some homeless person sleeping on them streets?" I frown with a chuckle as I see him shake his head again.

"so what you want lil boy" I ask since I got things to do. "who u callin lil boy my heart" he scoffs feeling offended. "you cuero" I say before almost hanging up. "you just lost your position as my favourite friend" he says while rolling his eyes.

"yeah yeah, bye" I said before hanging up with a slight smile. I didn't wanna talk to much and I had stuff waiting for me so he can talk to me later.

*cuero means slut in spanish

After I hung up I immediately sit at my desk to focus on all the schoolwork that has been waiting for me since early in the morning. I don't have uni today so that means I have a whole day for this shit.

I take some breaks in between studying because studying for hours straight ain't gon do you no good.

I get off my chair and walk downstairs to make me some food. As I enter the kitchen I look trough the fridge to see what I can create. I only see a few ingredients so that isn't gonna do much.

I look down at what I am wearing to see if I can leave the house with this. I am wearing plaid pyjama pants and a white crop top so it is fine. As I walk towards the door to put on my shoes and coat I receive yet another call.

I look at the caller id and it was Sora. I pick up and we are just speaking as I walk out the door and lock it up before walking to the closest bodega. She is telling me about some things that have happened recently and I am grocery shopping and replying at the same time.

When I reach the counter I quickly pay and walk out again before walking home. The walk home took a bit longer since I am still on the phone with Sora and I dropped some groceries on the floor which was a bit embarrassing.

I've never been good at multitasking unless it's about studying. As I reach my house I almost got hit by a speeding car because I was in my own world. That's one thing about New York, the people don't care..

I walk up the steps of my house and unlock the door before entering. I also hang up the call with Sora because I have to get back to studying.

It is currently 6:23 pm and I am gonna study for 30 minutes and then go for a quick walk around the block. I need some more fresh air after studying.

As I put on my puffer jacket and pull the hood over my head I exit out the door and start my walk around the block. I know it's probably not the smartest time to be out due to it being crime hour but I am gonna be fine.

I walk and take the corner left and look around the buildings. I don't live in the busy part of the city but I am close to it. I walk past a few shops that are closing as it is nearly 8 pm.

I feel the cold breeze of the wind against the skin of my face as it is the only body part showing. At night it's usually pretty cold here in New York so layering up is needed. I am almost on half of my walk as I spot a group of boys around my age.

I hate seeing boys whenever i'm alone because walking past them makes me uncomfortable and unnecessarily scared. And them having guns in their pants doesn't make this easier for me.

One is being a bit loud and screams at his phone. As I come a bit closer I notice it was the same guy Sora was speaking to last time. The one with bigger head. I look over to the other two as one of them is indulging into the screaming. He was also there last time but I didn't really notice him.

I then look over at the wall as I saw the same lightskin boy leaning against it while lighting a blunt. He tilts his head upwards as he inhales the smoke and drops his head again as he exhales.

I look him up and down and see he's wearing light washed black amiri jeans with a grey hoodie. On top of that he's wearing a dark blue moncler jacket and his hair is in a low puffy ponytail.

I look away because I don't want him to catch me staring since they look like they were from some type of gang. I pass them and turn the corner to the right and keep on walking till I reach my house. I walk up the steps and enter the door after unlocking.

A/N

So this is probably the most boring chapter so far because I didn't have a lot of ideas.
I still feel like something is missing but I can't quite place what?

Anyways are you lot enjoying the story so far lmk??
Don't forget to vote!!:)