𝟏𝟑❤︎

sora li
jacks river, jamaica
7:49 am

"Yuh a guh no matta wah" my grandma sneered out to me as I was whining about university. Although university itself isn't that bad, the ride there is what makes it bad.

I realise i'm about to be stuck on the shittiest bus for a gruelling 1 hour and 37 minute ride to get to uni. "Grandma please!" I plead with her, looking at her with puppy eyes, hoping she'll sympathise with me.

"sora tap acting like a fucking pickney" my grandpa butted in while smacking my pleading hands away. See my grandpa is the most stern out of them two because he believes children should be raised like the early days.

He thinks punishing, smacking and yelling at children will make them tougher for the outside world but all it does is make them have a dislike for their family.

I scoff and walk away to my room in annoyance. I have to get ready since it was almost 8 am which is the time the bus leaves.

I quickly do my eyebrows and a simple lip combo before throwing on a white crop top with a white cardigan.

I wore blue jeans and some jewellery to top off the outfit. Trust me I normally have better style but all my good clothes are back in NY.

"hurry up sora" I hear her call out for me from downstairs. I sprint down the stairs and run over to the door so I wouldn't have to deal with them yelling at me again.

I had my bag and necessities ready as I step out the front door. It was currently 7:58 am and I had to run to the nearest bus stop if I wanted to be on time.

I make it just in time and step on the crowded bus. The doors were busted and one side was even open allowing all the wind to enter. I walk to the middle and just sit down by the window side.

The seats were dirty and some even had holes and stains. It's weird that these type of buses ride in the richer areas since the rich and poor side were separated in Jamaica.

The bus starts driving and I look out the window, the noise coming from the engine keeping me out of my thoughts. It was getting boring pretty fast so I decided to check my phone.

Great! No signal. I sigh as I grab my book and just start reading so i'm ahead of class. By doing this i'm getting reminders of how great of a student I used to be.

An hour and a half later we arrive at the big campus and I step off the bus. I walk onto campus and make my way inside of the building.

I've never been here before so finding my class is gonna be a challenge. I step towards the front office to grab my time table and let the woman who was sitting there inform me a bit about the school.

When I got it I look at the first class and see it starts at 9:35 which is in 2 minutes. I run up the big stairs and take a turn left and see 10 full classes.

I take a glance at the time table again and see class 18C so I walk towards the right side and enter, sitting down somewhere in the middle as the teacher starts talking.

It was break time right now so I tried my best to find the cafeteria but I still ended up asking someone. It was a girl with orange hair and an immaculate fit. She walks me to the cafeteria and asks me to sit with her.