𝟎𝟓❤︎

amaiyah dìaz
NYU campus, new york
10:01 am

As I am sat in class taking the history exam my mind starts lingering in all different types of places. It is hard to focus since there is a lot on my mind right now. I have a sense that something might happen this week but I can't place what.

I finish up the last set of questions before handing it in and sitting back down. I turn my head towards Sora and see her stressing and shaking her leg. She then hurriedly writes something down before handing it in.

The bell rings and we are allowed to leave class. I stand up and grab my bag that sits at the front of the classroom before walking out the door with Sora.

"That test was so fucking dumb" she sighs knowing she didn't pass. She isn't really a study type of person so what she is doing in a university was everybody's question. All she is focused on lately was having fun, hanging with boys and that type of stuff.

I know she is a smart girl and she would definitely graduate if she puts in the work but that is what's lacking from her. "Oh I thought it was kind of easy" I shrug as I open my bag. I've been studying for this test for 2 weeks since I knew it would be graded harshly.

"How do you do it Mai?" she says with an tired expression on her face. "Do what?" I frown as I look at her. "How do you plan everything and still have time for other stuff?" she asks desperately.

"I just make a note in my head that studying comes first and everything else comes after" I say giving her genuine advice. She looks at me as if I was joking.

"I could help you make a planning" I suggest with a smile since I love helping people out. I look at her and see her nod her head so we walk towards the library.

As we enter the big library we walk around to find a good spot to sit and study. We sit at the window side of the building and pull out our agenda's and laptops. I scoot over to Sora to help her out with a planning.

She starts working according to the schedule I made for her but I soon catch her just watching some TikToks on her phone. "I'm sorry I can't focus" she whines as I give her a disappointed look. "Sora try to take this seriously" I warn her because if she doesn't there's no chance she's gonna pass.

I turn back to my laptop and start reading from it before writing it down so I can remember it better. I've always been a productive person, if you give me an hour to complete some tasks, I will divide them perfectly in the hour.

I am now stood in front of the principals office waiting for Sora who is having a chat with him. He has taken her out of class half an hour ago and they are still in there talking. I just know she is gonna come out being mad as fuck.

And I was right as I see her storm out of it and slam the door back shut. She just kept on walking towards the exit before I pull her arm. "bro where are you going?" I ask her concerned. "I'm going home" she huffs "this man keeps getting on my nerves" she says walking away again. I made a mental note to call her after school.

I just stand there watching her walk out the doors and disappear out of my sight. I sigh since I am now all alone here and have to be alone at break.

I walk to my next class which is mathematics or in other words the class I hate the most. Math isn't my best side of school since it would get so hard but I still managed to get A's somehow.

I enter the classroom and sit down in the middle row before pulling out my notebook to write the equations down. I always do this so I can look back at those if i'm stuck. As the professor is speaking I listen closely so I can clearly understand everything without having to make him repeat it.

The rest of the day goes by quick as I am now walking to the bus stop to catch the bus to my house. I sit at the front near the window on my own with my airpods in. The song 'Neighbourhood hero' by Lil Durk is playing in my ear.

'I cheated on my BM three times with my dog ass
She gave her number, I delete it, 'cause they all rats
Chiraq, where the police don't call backup
Last nigga played with Durkio, he in a backwood
Chicago niggas play with PnB, but ain't no matchup
If you know me like you know me, where I'm from, I'm not a rapper
Burglar, scammer, a murderer, I'm handsome
When I'm off the drugs, I swear I'm steady throwin' tantrums'

I look out the window and see a few grey clouds forming alarming the citizens of New York that it's gonna rain soon. I love watching rain fall from the sky but I hate getting wet by it.

The bus stops at the nearest bus stop to my house and I get off. I start speed walking as soon as I feel a few light rain drops on my skin. I reach my house as I run up the steps and unlock the door. I enter my house and place my bag and shoes near the door.

I walk up to my room and change out of my clothes into my pyjamas before entering the bathroom and doing my night routine. I lay down in bed and text Sora.

mi gyal🇯🇲
_______________

today 8:17 PM

soraa?
u aight mh?

yeah i'm okay
my parents js cursed me tf out tho

oh why??

so that bald bitchass ediat was lecturing me for hours abt my grades
and when I left he called my parents
and now they pissed

nah you joking? he a mamaguevo
delivered 8:19 PM

I know how Sora's parents can get and when they are pissed they are pissed. If Sora keeps her grades like this they'd probably lose their shit. Sora is their only child so they have high hopes for her but she's changed from the quiet and brilliant kid to the loud party animal she is now.

No offence tho cause she's still my best friend and i'll love her anyway. It's just noticeable that she's changed a lot. On one side I get her parents because everything was going how they wanted and when she got into uni they were so proud and happy but then she just changed and everything went downhill.

I always believe in her though because I know that behind her behaviour is still the old Sora who cared about school and her future. I don't know exactly how this all happened but it's getting worse by the day.

Last week she snuck out of her house at 1 AM and returned late in the morning. Her parents were so worried and when she came home they saw she was high as fuck. I don't know what her parents are planning but there is something going on...

I am slowly dozing off with my phone in my hand while Brent Faiyaz is playing. I soon fell asleep and start dreaming.

A/N

So this is a bit questionable...
I don't why but I always think that whatever I write is just bad

Anyways how are you guys doing??

I'm trying to write this story faster so it's done in like 30 chapters?