𝟏𝟐❤︎

amaiyah dìaz
east village, manhattan
5:34 am

The last thing I remember from last night was that I was reading the eviction notice and all of a sudden everything went black for me.

I woke up at 12 am on the floor feeling very confused. It soon turned back into anger as I thought about that eviction notice.

Right now I am sat at the edge of the bed with my head in my hands. I haven't slept since I woke up and it was killing me.

On top of that I only had 2 weeks until I had to go back to uni. If I even have a place to stay, sleep and study by that time.

As I get up, I head to the bathroom to take a quick shower and do my regular morning routine. As I walk out in my towel I grab some simple clothes to wear and put them on.

I go downstairs and prepare an easy bowl of mangoes and sit down to enjoy them before heading out the door.

I needed to get out of the house so I took a walk around the block. I had my tote bag with me that contained snacks, my phone, money, a book and a sketching pad.

As i'm walking I pass by the park that was normally full of teenagers smoking and fucking around but at this hour it was quiet and deserted and the only people I would see are those who run early in the mornings.

I decided to sit on the bench and pull out my book. 'Letters to a law student' by Nicholas McBride to be exact. I've been reading this to deepen myself into my major and help me with uni.

'(1) The rule of law

There is, first, the view that we should live in a society that places strict controls on how government power is exercised, so as to ensure that it is not exercised tyrannically or arbitrarily. This view - expressed by the ideal that we should be governed 'by law and not by men'; in other words, that we should live under the rule of law, and not be ruled by arbitrary government fiat - is wonderfully expressed in both the arguments and judgment in the case of Entick v Carrington, which was decided way back in 1765.'

I kept on reading as I was storing all the information I read in my mind. I have just read 12 pages as i'm now onto my 13th, also my last.

My phone begins vibrating in my bag, letting me know i'm getting tons of messages. I was near the end of the page and flipped the top so I would know where I left off.

I reach into my bag to pick up my phone and to see who had been texting me. It was Kevin who had send me over 9 messages.

Kevin🍃
_____________________

today 8:33 am

maiyah?
yoo
8:33 am

bro stop playin and answer me
maiyahhh
nigga stop hidin
8:38 am

when I catch u ricky
nah u buggin fr
dayroom ass nigga
answer mee
8:41 am

broo why u blowing my phone?

finally
where u been?

readin my book why?

js wanted to talk to u