Ch. 17 "Expectations"

―Kim―

I just finished my hair in a French twist, finishing it off with a rope braid going down the length of my back. I clipped my bangs out of my face with a jeweled bobby pin. I’m wearing a simple sundress, something that can look fancy and casual at the same time. An added bonus was the push up that Aria lent me a month ago.

I frown. Aria.

I sprayed my favorite perfume and walked out of my room. I’ve been avoiding Aria all day, I’m mad. I don’t want to see her, talk to her, anything.

I go downstairs, grab the keys to the car, and immediately run into none other than Harry.

“Date?” Harry eyes me, sizing me up.

I nod with a grim line on my mouth. What does he care?

Amazingly, he nods and goes into his room. He looked sad. Why?

I go outside and close the door behind me.

Getting into the car, I text Jake I’m on my way and he texts me back saying he’ll see me soon. I pull out of the drive, not thinking about Jake.

I think about secrets and how they ruin everything.

―Harry―

“Who?” I ask Liam. He and I are out on the porch looking out at the ocean out back. All the rubble washed on the sand looked like it was hiding some foreign monster.

“Jake.” Liam says, not looking at me. “Oliver got his own movie and is filming here. They’re old friends.”

I nod. Kim and I were friends. “How do you know this?”

For that I get him to look at me. “Aria,” He says. “She tells me a lot. She’s really not that bad, Harry. She’s actually pretty funny when you get to know her.”

I chuckle. “Yeah, I’m sure.”

He smiles, knowing I’m joking. “Why don’t you just tell her how you feel?” He says to me.

“What?” I laugh. “Who? Bridget? That she’s a babe?”

Liam frowns and shakes his head. “Kim,” His eyes bore into mine. “She told you she hates you, you obviously love her. Just apologize for making out on the plane.”

That shocks me. “You know?” Louis told him. I can’t believe it. I cannot believe that Louis, of all people, told Liam that.

Liam suddenly looks exhausted. “Wasn’t it obvious Harry?” He asks as if he expects an answer then continues on without caring if I answered or not. “Zayn came in and told us what you were doing and immediately, and I don’t mean a few seconds, I mean like right there her face…you could just tell. Then she got up and went to go lay down. I mean, how obvious can you be?”

I shrugged. “Zayn, Louis, and Niall didn’t notice.”

“Yeah, but they’re kind of oblivious...” He furrowed his eyebrows. “Well, Louis not as much, but yeah, still oblivious.”

I smiled.

“So what do you say?” Liam pushed farther.

“What do I say about what?”

“Telling her you love her.”

For this, I had no answer except to stare at the ocean. Did I love Kim? Maybe. I’m jealous of Jake right now. Does that mean I love her? Or am I just annoyed that she has a date tonight? That she, Kim, the bitch, I mentally cringe as I think it, did I really think that anymore? Has a date, when I, Harry…have no chance with her.