Ch. 11 "Life's a Beach"

―Kim―

Driving down the beach we finally got bored and found a nice spot that was blocked from the wind and completely uncovered from sunlight. Zayn and Niall both drove off with the buggy because, unlike us, they weren’t as excited about the beach as they were about the girls. Except Harry. Harry I didn’t quite understand.

“Think they’ll find any?” Louis asked Harry.

Harry just shrugged as he pulled his towel out and lay on top of it. “If they do, they’ll come back and get me.” Harry grinned. Of course. Be lazy and still get the girl.

I felt the back of my neck prickle. He’s always looking out for girls. Except me. I wasn’t good enough apparently for the ‘amazing’ Harry Styles. He wanted girls who are older, more mature. He sucks the face off of one girl to go to another just puts icing on the cake that is my level of pathetic. Caroline Flack. That slut in the plane. And now that makes my cake of pathetic entirely made of icing.

“If they do, they’ll recognize you.” Liam says as he lays out his own towel, the one he borrowed from Harry. “Unless, you know, they’re Amish,” He puts on his sunglasses and lays back.

“Amish girls? On the beach?” Aria laughs.

“Hey, you never know.” Louis laughs with Aria. “Amish girls are hot.”

“So. Hot.” Harry joins in. “I bet under that bonnet and that dress, they got bods.”

“Yeah, yeah,” Liam’s smiling. “But seriously, what if they bring back girls? What’s to stop them from mauling us?”

“Liam’s right.” Louis says. “They will end up mauling us.” He gets up and takes off his tank. “Frankly, I don’t give a shit.” He’s running towards the water and dives in. From the distance you can hear him yelling, “Freaking water is freaking freezing!”

We’re all chuckling at him as a tide pulls him under.

“Should one of us help him?” I ask.

Aria waves it off like it’s nothing. “Let the Amish girls help him.”

This erupts in us laughing again.

I put on some sunscreen and lay down. Tanning never was a big thing of mine, but I at least try. When it comes to the sun, I’ll always burn, but at least I’ll get a tan at doing it.

It may be unhealthy, but I don’t care.

My phone chimes and I hold it over my head. Jake. What would he want?

“Heyy Kim whts up?”

Seriously, if people just stated what they wanted in their first text, life would be made simpler. I want to talk. I want to go to the movies. I want to see if you like pickles.

But I don’t say that. “Nothin much.. burnin myself?”

I don’t know why, but I like to joke around a lot when I text. That is when I have nothing important to do.

“Sounds fun ;)lol hey im flyin in to Cali for a movie tmrrw. Wanna hang out?”

I smile at my screen, I always liked hanging with Jake, but this text seemed more like he asked his director to film him in California just so he could see me. But, I didn’t mind. I just smile.

“I gotta get away from Niall first haha(; but yeah. Where you filming?”

He texted me the address and I was surprised to see that when I entered it into my phone it wasn’t far from here. I was also supposed to be there tomorrow at 7:30, and that I might want to wear something pretty.