Ch. 19 "Electrodes"

―Kim―

My eyes flutter open slowly, my mind processing thoughts. Did that really happen last night or was it only a dream? Did I really kiss Harry? Well, actually, did Harry really kiss me?

I close my eyes again to remember. It felt too weird to have been real life, it couldn’t be, but yet it was too detailed to have been a dream.

I sit up and look around the room for evidence of last night, Aria’s black hair is scattered around her head drool coming out of her slightly agape mouth. I smile to myself at the sight of her, but then I remember I’m mad at her for lying and look away.

As far as I can tell by my surroundings, nothing happened out of the ordinary. Could it have been my imagination?

I throw the covers off me and slip on my bunny slippers by my bed, brush my hair and teeth and trudge downstairs.

In the living room, Niall’s sleeping on the couch and Zayn’s watching the news with a bowl of cereal in his lap (complete with milk). “’Morning,” I say and grab a bowl for myself.

“’Morning,” Nothing out of the ordinary with Zayn, no different inflection of his voice to show that he knew something... He didn’t even look at me. Maybe nothing did happen.

He’s eating Fruity Pebbles so I grab the same thing and go to sit next to him on the sofa. Niall lets out a huge snore as my bum hit the cushion.

“I think Liam was too loud last night and he came downstairs.” He says, referring to Liam’s snoring instead.

I mumble mmm and spoon the cereal into my mouth.

“Sleep okay?” He asks when a commercial break comes on, a commercial about car insurance, and then another one…another one…

“Yeah,” I stare into my bowl, careful not to convey anything extra that might’ve happened last night or didn’t happen. I feel as if Zayn has everyone under a microscope, individually analyzing and understanding each and every one of your actions without ever needing a word. He needs only a glance. “You?”

“So-so…” Zayn looks down at his soggy bowl of brown milk and rainbow cereal. “I know having a single and all that is quiet, but…does your mind ever just wonder about things? Like: ‘Hey, Zayn, yeah, I get you’re trying to sleep and all, but real quick, what’s the meaning of life?’”

I laugh, appreciative of his humor. “You know that it’s eat, poop, sleep, repeat.” I answer his question, smirking as I say it.

He smirks as well. “Ha-ha.” He gets up, rinses his bowl in the sink and puts it in the dishwasher, then heads to his room, leaving me on the couch with a snoring brother.

Maybe nothing did happen after all and all is normal. All I ever wanted, right?

―Harry―

Holy shit.

Those are the first words to filter through my mind, waking up this morning. What was I thinking? Why did I kiss Kim? No, no, worse, told her I loved her.

…She kissed me back.

Is that a good thing? Did I like that? Did I like her?

I slam the pillow in my face in frustration. “Louissss,” I whine. “Please tell me you’re up.”

I hear a long sigh mixed with a yawn. “Yes?”

I decided at being honest and just laying it out for him. “I kissed Kim last night.”