Ch. 13 "Cray-C"

―Harry―

It was just a kiss.

I didn’t feel a spark or any of that bullshit if that’s what you mean. That’s just stuff girls’ minds create to make themselves believe that a kiss is more than it really is. And, if they don’t like the guy, ‘I just didn’t feel a spark’ just means the same as, ‘I never really liked him, but I don’t want to seem like a complete bitch.’ But, I don’t care.

Really. I don't.

Bridget and I walked to her house and she gave me her number, but now it’s in my trunks pocket. I squat in the front seat, smashed in-between Niall and Liam. It’s now that I’m finding that girls really are my weakness... They... distract me? Yeah. They keep my mind from thinking. Even so, I doubt I'll ever call her.

And now I'm a jerk 'cause I didn't call a chick that gave me her number. Again, bullshit.

“What are we eating?” Both Kim and Niall yelled at the same time over the wind. Then they proceeded to simultaneously jinx each other. Niall winning.

“Ha.” He says. Then he looks at Liam. Liam is a focused driver so he’s not looking at Niall as he frowns. “Liam, so?”

“So, what Niall?” Liam turns off the beach onto road. He’s going to get food, I think, but Niall doesn't notice the sudden change of direction.

Niall is probably the most hungry here, so he keeps complaining. “Well Kim and I just asked...” Liam smirks when Niall says, “What are we eating?”

"Gee, I don't know..." Liam cocks his head to the left leaning his right hand. “Look around.” Niall does and smiles at his environment. His face is like a person rescued from 4 days at sea. It was just getting dark so the lights for everything were on, Arby's, Olive Garden, McDonald's... Liam rolls his eyes at him. “Pick something.”

He eventually picks Burger King and we all don’t complain as Liam pulls into the parking lot and turns off the engine. I think we all are too tired to argue about food right now, I just want to eat, get home, take a shower, and jump in bed.

“Everybody better hurry up and order. Before someone recognizes us, 'kay?” Zayn threatens as we enter the little place, I think he just was upset because his hair had turned flat during the day. But still, we all murmur in agreement.

“Welcome to Pismo Beach Burger King.” Louis reads the sign. “Gee, you’d think that whoever named the beach would have at least not have named it that. Gee, do you need to piss more?” We all laugh as the people in front of us order.

“Actually, I think I’m going to answer that question really quick. Excuse me.” Niall walks over to the restroom. It proceeds in us chuckling again.

“He didn’t tell us what he’s ordering,” I say to nobody in particular, but then I hear Kim.

“He’s going to get two large fries, a large drink, a double whopper with cheese and I’m going to have a Dr. Pepper, a large fry, a fried chicken sandwich with tomatoes and lettuce, and yes I would like the sauce.” While I was distracted, the people in front of us had sat in seats and Kim now leaned on the counter talking to the teenager taking her order. She offered him a twenty and a ten, he kind of looked at her weirdly, but he gave her back her change. “Thank you.” She dropped the change in her bag then looked up at us. “All yours.” She smiles sweetly and walks to out of the line.

“Could’ve ordered for me.” Aria chuckles. “But nooo.”

Kim shrugs and gets napkins and Niall’s drink.

We all order and eventually sit and engulf on our food in silent rhythmic motions. None of us speaking. Nothing needs to be said.

Sometimes I grew worried that someone would recognize us, but then I’d push it off as just me being paranoid. It wasn’t a big deal at all...

That was, until I saw Charlotte.

“Crap.” I say. Liam looks up, mouth full of food.

“What’s wrong?” Liam says around another bite of his burger. He turns around in his chair and his eyes widen as they find Charlotte. “Does she have someone following us or something? I mean does she have anything better to do all day?”

Louis overheard us and looks over at her careful not to point his face fully at her. “Okay, she needs jail. She needs to learn that following people is considered creepy not flirting.”

“Do we call Paul or…?” Liam asks.

Louis shakes his head. “Paul isn’t on guard right now. He’s probably at the hotel sleeping. Do we want to wake him about the Cray-C?” Louis whispers to everyone now. “What we need to do, is we need to sneak out. Can we leave in groups of two?”

“Wouldn’t that be obvious? We did that before...remember?” Zayn says, glancing at the red head talking to her friend on the other side of the restaurant.

“I don’t know…could work.” I say. I start stuffing my food in their containers to take with me. “Well, her friend would be watching us wouldn’t she?”

“Yeah, look. No, not all at once!” Zayn whisper-shouts as we all turn our heads at the girl. We instantly stop and look back at him and all say sorry. “Geez, if they didn’t know we know they’re here, they’ll know because of that.”

“I think we’re good.” Kim laughs, joining in the conversation. “Niall left just now to eat in the car with Aria and you guys didn’t notice. So if we left, I’m sure it would seem okay.” She laughs again as we all frown at the two empty seats. I think she’s a magician or something, what was that? Twice she’s gotten by me without me noticing?

“Teleport us out of here?” I smirk and eat a french fry.

Her smile dissipates as today’s events remind her of why she hates me in the first place. Sure, I kissed Bridget. Sure, I probably used her. Sure, I knew it’d make her mad. Does that make me a bad guy?

...Well, yes...

“Is that supposed to be funny?” She says, her teeth together. I hold my fingers up to show her I’m pinching the air. Just a little… She rolls her eyes at me and directs her attention to something Zayn says to her.

Finally when we’re done scheming and attempting none of them, we all walk out sipping our sodas and eating the rest of my fries. When I climbed in the seat next to Niall, I was forced to relinquish them all to him.

Kim and Aria sat in the front seats with a very unhappy Louis in-between them. I shrugged at him. It’s his turn to sit on the floor.

“I’m tired…” Kim yawns.

“I second that.” Aria says, but there is something about her tone that says ‘but…’ “I just have to go to the store for a second.”

Everyone groans at her.

“It’s on the way!” She says.

“You can have some of mine. Why didn’t you pack any?” Kim sighs. And that statement contents Aria and she drives us back to the beach house.

“I’m confused…” I breathe into Niall’s ear.

Niall chuckles, “You’ll understand when you’re a wee bit older.”

What?

Ohhh... "Nevermind. I get it."

******************

A/N: Another character? Cray-C. Sounds like crazy, right? cuz Cray-C is crazy...heh? okay. I get it, not funny.

Cray-C is a minor antagonist character for the boys. Thought it'd be needed later, hmm...

I have a new writing schedule! hopefull that I will stick to it (*cross fingers*)

Anyways, thanks for reading ! :) I love you guys <3 Don't forget to Vote/Comment if you liked it!