So Long Soldier

I can't believe this is happening... I'm getting adopted. Someone finally wants me, I'm wanted. I smiled at Sarah, my roommate that is still only 5. No five year old should have to live this life. I know from experience that it's hell.

'Abby, where are you going?' I picked her up and hugged her.

"Baby doll... I just got adopted." She got a huge smile on her face and she hugged me.

'You have a family. I'm gonna miss you though Abby. I don't have anyone else here.' My smile faded. I turned around and picked up my laptop.

"Sweetie, I'm gonna leave this here for you okay? We can talk to each other every day and I can send you pictures of me and my new family, okay?" She nodded and wiped the tears from her eyes. "Sarah, don't cry baby doll. I promise that I will come back for you okay. It won't be long and then you'll be with me forever and we can travel the world.... and even go to Disneyland." She got a smile on her face again. She's always wanted to go to Disneyland ever since our "Mom" had to take a trip there and she brought Sarah a huge Minnie Mouse.

'Okay, I'll have Mum call you every day and we can talk.' I nodded and looked at the time. Time to go. I squeezed her tightly and picked up my bags.

"I'll talk to you tonight okay hun?" She nodded and went to sit on her bed. I kissed the top of her head and skipped down the stairs. "Jenna?" I looked around for my home mom. She appeared out of the kitchen. Once she saw me with my bags she teared up.

"No crying, you promised." She nodded and wiped her eyes.

'I'm sorry but it's just that, you are like my own daughter and I don't want to say goodbye.' I hugged her tightly.

"I know but I'll call every night and Sarah has my laptop so we can Skype all the time. I gotta go Jen, I'll miss you. Bye" She hugged my one last time and watched as I went to sit in the taxi sitting outside, waiting to take me to the airport.

I have a new name now. Abilene Gaskarth, where do I know that last name from? It sounds so familiar. I pulled out my phone and looked through the pictures of my new family. My mom, Isobel, my father, Peter and my older brother, Alex. I smiled and set my phone into my bag, since we had arrived at the airport. I grabbed my plane ticket and my bags from the back.

"FLIGHT 345 TO BALTIMORE BOARDING IN 30 MINUTES!" That's my flight, I better hurry. I ran through security and quickly got to my gate right on time. They had just started boarding thankfully, I handed them my ticket.

"Abilene Gaskarth... oh my god, you're related to him. Can I have your autograph?" I raised an eyebrow and shrugged.

"Uhm... sure?" She handed my a pen and paper that I quickly signed then started to walk onto the plane. "Go on to first class, you're basically royalty so you deserve it." They took my to the front of the plane. There was champagne and actual food, not just crappy plane food. I eyed the huge fridge full of sodas and candy. This is the life, I could get used to it.