Under A Paper Moon

"Jenna? Can you come to Baltimore? I have super important news that I need to tell you but I need to tell you in person." I stood in the kitchen once again, setting a plate of chicken nuggets in front of Sarah along with a cup of juice. "It needs to be soon though." I spoke into the phone that was being held between my head and my shoulder.

"I can be there in three hours? I'm in town for business anyways. Meet me for dinner at Woodberry Kitchen at 7. Bring Sarah, I miss my two girls and bring your brother too I haven't gotten to meet him." I looked down at my baby bump, wondering how I could hide it from her when she arrived. 

"Okay, we'll see you there. Bye!" I smiled at Sarah who was eating her last nugget. "Do you want to go see Jenna for dinner?" She excitedly nodded at me before hopping down off the bar stool. "Go put on your favorite dress okay?"

"OKAY MOMMY!" She cheered while she turned and ran up the stairs to her new room. We had recently gotten smaller furniture for her so she could have her own room, which she was ecstatic about.

"Alex?" I spoke softly while knocking on his door, hoping he wasn't taking a nap. He was sat at a desk in the corner of his room writing something down in a journal. He hummed at me, as if to say go on. "Jenna is coming for dinner tonight. Me and Sarah are going out to meet her. Can you come with us as support for when I break the news, not that it's exactly unnoticeable." I looked down after I finished talking, waiting for a response.

"Of course I will Abby. You are my sister so whenever you need me, I'll be there." I giggled as he sung the last part. I felt movement inside of my stomach and gasped.

"Alex, keep singing." I took his hand and placed it next to mine. He started singing Hey Jude and the baby started moving once again. I smiled at him as we both felt the baby kick. I joined in when it got to the "na na" part and she kept moving. "I think she likes The Beatles and The Jackson 5." 

"Smart kid. She already has wonderful taste in music." I giggled again before kissing his cheek.

"Thank you Alex. Be ready by 6 because she wants to go to Woodberry." I smiled before walking out of his room and walking into my room, going straight to me bathroom and washing my hair. After I dry it I stand in front of the mirror. I pull my shirt just above the baby bump and turn sideways.

Gently, I place my hand on my stomach. "Hey baby girl. I am so happy that you are going to be with us in a few months. You have already made my life two billion times better and you aren't even born yet, I can only imagine how happy I'll be when I get to hold you in my arms. It's different out here, but I promise you that I will always protect you. You have three wonderful uncles who will go to the ends of the earth just to make sure you are happy and a dad who is probably going to injure the first boy you bring home. And your older sister is just an anxious as I am about meeting you. She is over the moon about having a baby sister." I rubbed my hand over my soon to be baby girl and sighed. I really hoped that I lost all of this baby fat once I give birth. 

"You know, you look perfect. And you were probably right about the first guy she brings home." Jack smiled, leaning on the door frame of my bathroom. I blushed and pulled down my shirt, quickly walking past him and into my closet to find a dress that made me look skinnier so it was more of a surprise to Jenna. "Where ya goin'?" He followed me into my closet, wrapping his arms around my stomach and setting his chin on my shoulder.

"Out to dinner with Sarah and Alex. Jenna wants to meet him, and I have to tell her eventually about the baby I'm carrying." I grabbed my floor length black dress that showed enough cleavage to make me look classy but also show off these wonderful things I have gotten throughout my pregnancy.

"Well that sounds like fun." I smiled sweetly at him before changing into the dress. "Wow I wasn't I expecting a show." He smirked at me and I slapped his arm playfully.

"Well you've seen me before, otherwise I wouldn't be all fat." I looked down at my stomach and smiled. "Now, unless you're going to curl my hair please go finish packing." I went to kiss his cheek but he turned his head so I kissed his lips instead. "What was that for?" I looked at him shocked. He just smiled and walked out of the room. I ran my middle and index finger over my lips and smiled.

-----

"Abby! Sarah! My babies, you have grown so much. And holy crap Abilene what are those?!" She hugged us both before holding me back at an arms length looking at my chest. "Have you gotten them done for some boy because if you did I swear I will-" I cut her off.

"They're real. I've grown a bit since you last saw me." I smiled to myself and kissed her cheek before grabbing Alex's hand. "This is Alex Gaskarth, my brother. Alex this is Jenna, she was basically my mother for the past three years before you guys came into my life." I smiled at him as he stood up, holding his hand out for her to shake, which she completely ignored and pulled him into a hug.

"It's so nice to finally meet the guy who has been keeping my girls company. How have they been behaving? Not badly I hope." I blushed at her but quickly sat down, being careful of my stomach and the table. The waiter came and took everyone's drink order. Me and Sarah got a water while Alex got a beer and Jenna got a glass of wine. "Why don't you get something to drink dear? I'm sure that I can convince them that you're over 21. I'll get you a wine." I looked at Alex for help as he stopped her from flagging down the waiter.

"She isn't allowed to drink for two reasons. 1- She's underage and my responsibility while I am out with her and 2-"

"I'm pregnant."