To Live And Let Go

"She isn't allowed to drink for two reasons. 1, she's underage and my responsibility while I am out with her and 2-"

"I'm pregnant."

She stared at me, as if waiting for people to pop out with cameras to tell her that she was just punked. I looked down at my baby bump, taking a deep breath so she could take in the information.

"You're what... No, this can't be true. You are only 18 and you have so much to live for. I do not approve of this. We can fix it, you can get an abortion or when it's born you can give it up for adoption and I'll take it it. I can go get some papers and come back." She took her napkin off her lap and began to stand up. I grabbed her wrist to stop her.

"I am not aborting this baby. And I sure as hell am not putting it up for adoption. You don't have to support me through this but you will not tell me what I am doing is wrong." My voice had raised a little bit but thankfully it wasn't enough to get anyone else's attention. "I have taken care of Sarah for three months and she is happier now than I've ever seen her. I helped take care of the babies that would come through the home and I was always good with them. I am going to raise this baby with my family to help me. Now if you are not going to support me then please leave because I am not going to raise my baby around people who wished for her to be given up or killed." She stared at me with wide eyes, surprised by my outburst. 

"Then I guess I am going to go." She stood up, setting down a few hundred dollar bills. "Dinner is on me. Goodnight." And with that she walked out, and I began to cry.

-----

"I've got her, you go to bed you look tired." Alex gently pulled me away from the back seat where I was trying to pick up a sleeping Sarah. I tiredly smiled at him before walking up the path to our house and unlocking the door. Jack seemed to have gone to bed since all the lights were out and it was silent inside so I quietly walked upstairs and into my room where I took off the dress that had begun to get a little too tight for my liking and my bra that was suffocating me. I sighed in appreciation and pulled out an oversized t-shirt and some knee high socks since my room tended to get colder in the middle of the night.

"Hey." Someone knocked on my door quietly in case I had fallen asleep. I turned to see a tired looking Jack. "Alex told me it didn't go well tonight." I shook my head no, staying silent in fear that if I spoke he would tell I was on the verge of tears. He walked over to me and hugged me. "I'm sorry. I'm sure she'll come around to the idea." He kissed my forehead and walked me over to my bed, laying down next to me and letting my head and hand rest on his chest.

"Thank you Jack." I scooted closer to him and began to fall asleep when I heard him begin to talk.

"I know you won't hear this but I love you Abilene. I have fallen in love with you and I don't think I will ever be able to let you go. I am going to do everything in my power to help you with this baby whether it's giving up a gig to babysit or pay for anything and everything she needs. Jenna just needs time to get used to the idea and she will support your decisions." I felt him kiss the top of my head. "Also, you need to realize just how perfect you are. I mean sure you've gained weight but it is because you are pregnant so you will lose that weight and even if you don't I will still love you. I will always love you. Goodnight Abilene." I smiled before closing my eyes and letting myself drift off to sleep.