For Baltimore

"Your brother is very protective you know. He made rules when he found out how old you were. Rule #1- Don't hook up with her.. That was my least favorite rule and I've already broken it." Jack smirked at me across the table at the diner. I giggled and shook my head. We've been sitting here talking for about two and a half hours just about my life before I was adopted. He knew just about everything there was to know except the part where I cut. No one will ever know that part of my life because it's in the past and truthfully I don't think that anyone should know it if it's not in the present or future.

"Jack I think we should get back, it's midnight." I looked down at my watch quickly. When I looked up he was smiling at me. "What?" I smiled back.

"You just look absolutely gorgeous right now. I'm just taking in the view." I giggled at his cheesy but sweet comment. "Alright, I guess since it's midnight we should go. I think they're about to close up anyways." I stood up and pushed my chair in walking around to table to meet my wonderful date. He grabbed my hand and we walked to the car, him opening my door trying to be a gentleman. I kissed his cheek before sliding into the car.

**************************

"After you m'lady." Jack opened the front door to my house and held it open for me. I walked through the house and went straight into the backyard, walking toward the pool.

"Jaaacckk." He walked out of the house with two beers in his hands. "Lets go swimming." He smiled at me and set the beers down before taking his shirt off and jumping into the pool.

"Get in, the water feels great." I giggled and slid off my shorts and t-shirt before sliding into the deep end of the pool.

"Jack this is freezing! This was not a good idea." I swam over to the shallow end where I could at least stand and let the top half of my body get warm. "Why did you let me do this."

"Because I wanted to see you in your underwear." He winked at me and stood up next to me, pulling me towards him,resting his forehead on mine. "I know you're like 8 years younger than me but damn have I fallen for you, and I fell for you hard."" My breath hitched as I stared into his eyes. His breath smelt of fries from dinner but it didn't bother me since mine probably smelt of the onion rings I had. We leaned in closer, his lips only centimeters away from mine.

"Guys as much as I would love for you two to be together and all, Alex is going to be home any second and for him to walk in on this would end with Jack dead." Rian's voice broke up our moment making us quickly split apart. "Towels are right here." He set the towels on the chair and disappeared back into the house.

"Great way to ruin the moment Rian!"