Tough love

A/n: well here's the third chapter I promise to you all! Yaaayyyyy! It's a little short this time but it's a build up to what is to come ;3 enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~Sang's POV:~~~~~~~~~~

          North walks me to geometry like usual but something is different. He's completely and utterly silent. I know I know it doesn't seem that unusual considering his well...rather antisocial tendencies. But this is strange, it's an almost awkward silence, our silences are usually very comfortable. So I decide that I need to break the ice or I'll lose my mind.

"So what was Silas laughing at earlier?" I ask.

"Stuff." Really just stuff? Ugh here we go.

"Was it something that was said?" 

"Yeah."

           Okay that's it, I can't take this anymore. I rush to the front of him effectively stopping him in his tracks.

"Is something wrong North Star? Why are you answering with monosyllables?" I cross my arms in front of me to show him that I mean business.

"Because I don't know what to say." He huffs sagging a bit.

          Uh oh! They guys all warned me about this. When North doesn't know how to express a big emotion he tends to shut down completely. He stops talking and just acts, usually in a negative way involving tearing apart vehicles and drinking from a liquor bottle. I've gotta get him talking one way or another but how?

Bingo!

"Are you mad at me?" I say as I slightly make my lower lip quiver.

"Honestly? Yes I'm pissed at you."

          Just like Luke always says he always will take the bait. What what? Why is he mad at me? I didn't do anything wrong.

"What did I do?"

"Well first you text me late at night just to ask me to wake up early to get Luke and Gabe! Then you completely shove me off like yesterday's trash and won't even let me enjoy walking you!"

          Seriously?? Is he really mad over that? Come on that's just silly.

"It's NOT silly! This is why I didn't say anything!" I must have said that out loud.

          I don't even regret saying it. Normally I would be worried about whether or not I hurt his feelings but not this time. Mr. Blackbourne always tells me to trust them, to tell them how I feel. But he so tells me all the time that I shouldn't let them walk all over me. At this point I'm seeing red, I can't control it, I lose my temper.

"You have GOT to be joking. Yes it's silly! You always tell me to come to you if I need anything at any time. Well here I did and then here you are holding it against me! I can't believe you!"

"This is completely different!" He yells.

"Oh yeah? How so? So you don't mind if I ask for some things but not for others? If so maybe you should write out a list so people will know!" I exclaim as I storm away from him through the space people are now clearing for me.

          Suddenly I feel him grab my wrist and stop me so that I'm backed against his hard chest. In a burst of anger and indignity I wrench my arm from his hold, reach above my head to his ears and once again up him over my shoulder. I seem to only remember that we are in the hall when I hear the oohs, Aaaahhs, and daaannggs from the crowd.

          So embarrassed at what I have done and worried about what the after effect will be I dash to AP Geometry.  I get there just as Nathan is approaching. He stops looking at me and then behind me to where I'm almost sure North is storming after me.

~~~~~~~~~~Nathan's POV:~~~~~~~~~~

          Walking up to the geometry room I see Peanut walking up to the door. Why is she alone? Looking around I see North walking (more like stomping) behind her. Man this looks bad he is PISSED. Quickly glancing in the room I see that Ms. Smith is late. What is it with the teachers today? Thinking on my feet I pull Sang into the empty classroom. Seconds later in storms Lord Grumpy Pants himself. 

"What the fuck did you do that for?" He bellows at Peanut.

"To try and knock some sense into you!"

          Sang? Yelling as loud as her voice will allow? What in the world could he have done? I become transfixed watching them. I feel like I'm watching a table tennis match. Instinctively I step between them facing North. He growls at me for getting in his way. But no way is he getting anywhere near her until I know what is going on.

"Move Nate." He tries to command me.

"No." I don't take orders, he's not Kota or Mr.B.

"You tossed me aside this morning and now you literally toss me in the hall!" He says taking a step forward and pointing at her causing me to cross my arms.

"I did NOT toss you aside! You are NOT trash to me I would NEVERTHELESS do that and you should know that! I just needed a moment alone with Luke and didn't know how to go about asking. So I wanted a little privacy so sue me! You all ask me to trust you, to tell you things. But you don't trust ME! And if this is how you're going to act when I do say something then I might as well not do it. Don't like it? Tough cookies you did it to yourself!

Woah!

          I have never seen Peanut so mad. In fact I don't think I've ever heard her talk so much at one time. Looking at North he opens his mouth to say something in return when the door opens. Everyone floods in and takes their seats just as the late bell rings. North plops into his seat right after Sang sits in hers. As I walk by him I lay my hand on his shoulder and he tenses. She must have really hit home.

         A few minutes into class I feel my phone vibrate with an incoming text message. Making sure that I'm not seen pulling it out I check it.

North:     Man I lost it.

Me:     What can I say?

North:     I was hurt and couldn't say it right. Fuck why can't I ever do it right!

Me:     You got that right. Man you screwed up big time I've never seen her that mad.

North:      Yeah she upped me again right in the middle of the fucking Hallway.

Me:     well she gave you that tough love shit and set your ass straight.

North:     yeah it worked

          Remembering the last time she put him on his ass I chuckle a bit earning me a death glare from him but hey he deserved it. Just when I'm going to text him to tell him that the loud speaker crackles to life.

"Will Miss Sang Sorenson report to the principle's office? I repeat, Sang Sorenson to the principle's office!"