Awkward Morning

A/n: my muse is back!!!!!! Yay!  Thank you to Charlotte for Betaing!

~~~~~~~~~~Sang's POV:~~~~~~~~~~

     Waking to the slightest turn of light coming through the window of Kota's room, I heave a deep sigh, thinking just how well I slept last night. No nightmares. Feeling rested for the first time in ages, I snuggle deeper into the soft and warm strength that my head has decided to use as a pillow. I sigh in contentment, until my pillow rumbles slightly below me. Strange...pillows aren't supposed to move.

    Reaching up, I swat at the pillow without any real force. It only serves to make it move more. Ugh! What an infuriating pillow!

"Stop moving pillow, I'm still sleepy," I mumble to the stubborn thing.

"Ah! So now I'm a pillow, 10?" a low voice says to me through chuckles .

     Jolting at the realization that my pillow is my 52, I try to shoot up and sit but his arm tightens around my waist, keeping me where I am. I'm just about to relax, when I realize that I am lying (and probably drooling) on his bare chest! The blood in my body rushes to my face and I just know that I look like a fire truck.

"10? Why did you just get hot all of a sudden? I mean, not that you aren't always hot! I mean, not that you're hot hot! I mean...ugh, never mind. Why are you blushing?" I had to giggle a bit at Kota's little moment.

"Ummm....your shirt," I mumble, turning even redder.

"What about my shirt?" he asks, puzzled.

"You're...you're not...wearing one..." I manage to stutter out.

     His arms fall from around me and I feel a heat begin to radiate from him, more than before. Is he? Pushing myself up a bit to look at him, I see it.  Kota Lee is blushing!  It's so adorable and reaches all the way to below his chest, where his abs begin.

     I catch myself staring at his well sculpted body, when I see his body redden even further.

"S-s-sorry!" he says, as she rushes to stand.

     I assume he meant to get a shirt but, in the mad rush to get to his shirt drawer, he didn't realize his legs were tangled with mine until we both fell to the floor unceremoniously. I close my eyes during the fall, only to realize that there was no impact. I wasn't expecting a world of pain only to feel comfortable. Somehow he had managed to turn us until he was underneath me, blocking the possibility of me getting hurt.

     Little did he expect the position that he put us in. As it turns out, I lie on top of him, straddling his waist as he lies on his back, staring up at me. My head is resting once again on his bare chest. Quickly I move to stand, pushing myself up with my hands on his pecs only for him to reach out and grab my shoulder, stilling me.

"Don't move. Please?" he says, almost as if he is struggling to get the words out of his mouth.

     I can't understand it. I know my weight has to be bothering him; I'm not exactly as light as a feather anymore, with the way the boys have been feeding me. Then why can't he let me stand? Looking down at his face, I see this look, a look I can't quite decipher. He looks like he is about to say something, when suddenly there is another voice.

"Well, what do we have here?"

     Oh no, oh no, oh no!!! Please let the floor swallow me whole. That can't be who I think it is. Oh poo! It's....Luke. It's bad enough to be caught like this...but my forever is the ultimate jokester. He will never let Kota live it down!

     He walks over with a smirk on his face that clearly says he's up to something and I know we're in for it but, to my surprise - and, by the look of it, Kota's as well, from the look on his face - he says nothing more. He simply hooks his hands underneath my armpits and pulls me off of Kota, so I can stand. Completely shell shocked by what just happened, I can't help but just stare.

     I'm so busy staring at Luke that I don't notice Kota stand, quickly go to the drawer and pick a shirt. Moving to the door to his bathroom, I hear him mumble something about a quick, cold shower. Whatever he says make Luke begin to laugh hysterically.

"Hey Kota! Remember that talk with your mom while you're at it!" he yells.

     After he says that there is a loud thump behind the doors of the bathroom and a muttered "damn it Luke". I want to check on him, because I'm worried he has fallen, when Luke pulls me into a hug and whispers to me.

"He will be jjuuuuussssttt fine."

        Well if he says so.

     Letting Luke lead me down into the living room, I see that the others are waiting for us.  For some reason, the atmosphere in the room seemed almost... uncomfortable. Not sure how to react to the situation, I stand there staring back at them. I begin to twiddle my thumbs and and pray that the universe would have mercy on me, when suddenly it does.

     Erica Watson walks into the room, noticing the situation and says, "Well, good morning everybody!"

      Her saying this effectively cuts the tension in the room and house. Now I have something that I can do, I quickly respond her, saying good morning as well. I thank her for the wonderful evening she showed me, and give her a hug in appreciation. I can't help but wish that I had a mother like her and how lucky Kota is that he does have her.

     Seeing our brief interaction must bring others to their senses; Nathan comes over and greets Erica with an ease that only someone raised by her could have. She returns his greeting, then whispers something to him as she hugs him that I couldn't quite hear. That is when the unthinkable happens! Nathan BLUSHES! I have never seen him so red before and I can't help but acknowledge how cute it was.

     Glancing around to the others, to see if anyone noticed what I had, I hadn't seen that Mr. Blackbourne had entered behind Erica. He must have heard what she had said, because he had a slight tinge of pink to his ears.  Now I am blushing. Why? Because I keep thinking of what I saw yesterday, when I looked out of my window to see Mr. Blackbourne uncharacteristically rushing to his car. 

   I...I saw...something.....well, while I don't know what happened during their family meeting, I know that he was.....affected? Oh goodness, I had never seen such a thing before and now I have no idea how to face him. Could I get any more red? It has to be dangerous for a person to blush as much as I am, right? Maybe Dr. Sean needs to give me a check up. The thought causes me to giggle.

"Awwwww! Now, Miss Pookie! What did I say about those giggles?" Sean...I should have known. I blush again, aware that Erica is still in the room.

     Erica bids us farewell and is escorted to her car by Nathan. There is a slight hiss to my left and, when I turn, I see that Dr. Sean is rubbing the back of his head. Who hit him? Glancing around, they all look innocent. Strange.

"Ahem. Now that we are all here... Where is Mr. Lee?" Mr. Blackbourne asks, addressing us all.

"Oh! He just needed some happy shower fun time!" Luke exclaims. That's it I'm going to die from blushing too hard!