Girls Night In

A: Enjoy everyone and thank you for the maxi fly warm welcome from the girls of the Facebook page! Don't forget to comment and vote it's always appreciated!! :3

And a Ginormous thank you to Ripley10 for beta reading this for me! X3

~~~~~~~~~~Erica's POV:~~~~~~~~~~

I can't believe him! My son, Dakota Jameson Lee was raised better then this! How dare he disrespect his dear, sweet girlfriend like this! After all the plans he ran by me? He was ktalking about their first Valentines Day together for five weeks and four days exactly, yet at the last minute he suddenly has something to do.

Poor, poor Sang. That darling child has such a large heart. She is so sweet, sweet enough that it seems she forgives my son for his bout of idiocy. As I reprimand my son and guide her into the living room I can see that she seems to be amused. That shocks me, most girls would be upset or at least a bit indignant. I must say that my curiosity is officially piqued.

"Well sweetie, I must first apologize for my son's rudeness. He was raised better than to pull this sort of thing," I say with my hands on my hips glaring at the door where my son had left.

"Oh no! No need for you to apologize. It's okay really..." She replies with her finger pressing to her lower lip, "Its kind of my fault anyways so..." She mumbles the last bit so low that I barely heard it.

I move to sit next to her on the couch and wrap an arm around her pulling her close. I notice that she flinches still, but not as much as when I first met her. Poor child. I can only imagine what she is going through. I'm happy she is with Kota, and friends with Nathan. The boys have grown and healed well from their past abuse and they seem to be helping her do the same.

"Oh Sang darling there is no way this is your fault," I coo, " most likely it's my son getting cold feet and not thinking."

"No it really is! I'm the one who asked Mr. Blackbourne to speak to him tonight. You see...I...I gave him my present this morning but I wasn't sure he understood it and well...I figured Mr. Blackbourne could help him. I'm so sorry please don't be mad at Kota! They really shouldn't take long to figure it out they are smart guys," she says the last part almost to herself.
Curiouser and curiouser, this becomes. What in the world could she have given my son that he would need help figuring out. Well I suppose I can forgive him for now but I WILL press for details later. Looking over at Sang I see that she seems lost in her thoughts, almost worried. Oh no this just won't do!

"Well then it's time for fun! Jessica! Come down and have girl's night with Sang and me," Not a moment latter I hear the soft pitter patter of my youngest running down the stairs.

She slides through the door and I can't help the slight giggle that escapes me. She must have fallen asleep reading again. Her hair is in a ponytail slanted to one side with tangles becoming visible. Her glasses are askew, there is a slight glimmer on the corner of her lips letting me know that she was beginning to drool. That child adores Sang but simply is too shy to admit it. Tonight will be good for her.

"So ladies what shall we do first? Hmm how about....we can braid each other's hair!"

"Ummm I would love to...but I don't know how...." Sang mumbles and I'm temporarily astounded. Did her mother never show her?

"I'll show you! I'll do mom's and then you can try mine...if that's okay with you," my little gumdrop tells her.
I couldn't be more proud.

And so our night continues.
Sang was quick to learn how to braid and did a marvelous job on Jessica's hair. My daughter was glowing with pride for hours. It was wonderful! Then we painted each other's nails and did each other's makeup. Another thing we had to teach Sang how to do. Honestly what IS that mother of her's teaching her?

We are half way through watching Sleeping Beauty when there is a faint sound of yelling just audible above the movie. Pausing it, I go to the window. I can tell the masculine voices are coming from Nathan's house a few doors down. I hope his father isn't drinking again. Turning back to the girls to resume our night I notice Sang is shaking and almost at the brink of tears. Oh no this won't do!

Worried that she may be having a flashback to her own situation I hug her close and coo to her.

"It's okay Sang. Mom is she okay?" Jessica asks noticing something is wrong.

"It's ok sweetie, just go ahead and turn the movie up. And hey we will make special cupcakes later to celebrate our Girls Night in.

"Really?" Sang whispers as she pulls herself together some.

"Well of course! Why wouldn't we? Maybe we will even make some for Kota and the boys."

At that exact moment I feel vibrating in the pocket of my jeans. Pulling my cell phone out I see that I have a text message from my son.

Dakota: Sorry about the noise mom. We just figured it out and got a little overexcited. I'll be home soon and I was hoping to have a moment to talk to you about some things.

Me: Of course baby, I'm always free to talk. Is everything okay?

Dakota: Better then fine mom. Everything is amazing!

Me: Well okay then it can wait till after the girls are in bed. We need to finish our Girls Night In.