THE Talk

A: I dedicate this chapter to my new Academy Family! Thank you to all the girls and guy on the Academy Fanfiction Group! You guys don't know how much you all already mean to me. So thank you!
Thank you to Ripley10 for beta reading for me!

~~~~~~~~~~Kota's POV:~~~~~~~~~~

          I shake my head as I leave Nathan's house with a megawatt smile on my face. I suspected that she was up to something this morning when her notes kept mentioning my brothers. But this was better then I could have ever imagined! My dear Ten finally gave us the opening we needed to begin our plan. We spent the last few hours hammering out every single detail of how we were going to pull this off.

          But now I'm headed home. After lots of debate, and plain old arguing, we decided that we will need a woman's help on this. Who better than my mother, someone Ten trusts? But first I need to talk to her. I need to let her in on the plan. This is something I need to do on my own.

          I know my mother. She is going to hear it all from me so she knows that I'm okay. She needs to know this is what I want. No, what I need. I am so deep in thought that I don't even notice that I am already at my doorstep until my forehead hits the door with a bang.

            Man that hurt! I hope I didn't wake up the girls...

"Kota? Oh sweetie are you okay? What was that noise?" My mom asks when she opens the door for me.

"Yeah mom I'm ok I just...didn't notice the door there," I mumble a bit as my ears turn a bit pink.

"You didn't....oh dear. Come, let's talk in the kitchen. The girls are snuggled up in Jessica's room. It's adorable really."

          She leads me into the kitchen and she takes a seat at the island, gesturing for me to take the seat across her. I can't sit or I know that I'll begin to fidget and lose my nerve so I stand with my arms braced against the counter.

"Kota, baby boy, what's wrong? You're so serious!" I can see the concern written all over her face. Okay. It's now or never.

"Mom? I need to talk to you about Sang. No, it's not anything bad. I just need your help with something. It's kind of a lot so I was hoping you would just let me get through it. Then we can talk about it after?" Iask meekly waiting for the affirmative to continue.

"Okay Dakota. I'm all ears," she says folding her hands in front of her.

"Well, first and foremost I have to apologize for telling you a white lie. Technically, Sang and I are not boyfriend and girlfriend. But I really want her to be. I know I haven't known her a long time but...Mom, I've fallen in love with her. This morning she asked me to come pick her up for school alone. I did and I found these waiting for me," I say placing the notes that she gave me on the island. As she begins to look them over I continue.

"But Mom that's not the best part. Mom she told me she loved me! She made me a chocolate and told me she loved me. I've never been happier! But I couldn't even say anything back; I froze! By the time I was able to say something we had to go to school," I take a deep breath is the hard part.

"When I was gone earlier the guys and I had a meeting. Sang had a busy day,  because she not only confessed to me, but to the other guys as well. Now before you ask, I don't mind. I know how weird that sounds but the guys and I all talked about this... We came to the conclusion that we all love her. None of us is willing to lose her in their lives and if she is willing, we want to try and make this work. We want, no, need, to share her, because the thought of losing her is a pain worse then death."

          I wait a minute for the words to sink in. After three hundred and sixty seconds of silence I begin to fidget. I can't imagine what is going through her mind and it's driving me crazy.
Just when I can't take the silence anymore, she speaks.

"Son, do you know how crazy that is in the long run?" she asks me.

"Yes Mom I do. And I have run through every single possible scenario. I've seen Sang with each of the guys. If she lost any of us, she would crumble. I can't be the one to do that to her. I won't. I'm not saying thiswill be easy. But the guys and I are all committed to putting in the work."

Another silence. This is killing me.

"Ok; so what do you need my help with baby boy?"

Wait what?
Did she?
Is she?
She's not flipping out?

I see a slow smile begin to creep up on her face. Well, at least she isn't mad at me...I'm going to have to process this later.

"Turns out that Sang has decided to celebrate a Japanese Valentine's Day. So the guys and I-"

"Oh you mean how the guys return gifts on White Day instead of the same day? That's so sweet! Oh! She's a smart cookie. I see what she did!" My mom giggles as she interrupts me.

My mom knows about this holiday? What the-? This woman always surprises me.

The next ninety minutes are spent discussing the plan and how she would modify it to make it better. Then she pulls a fast one on me...again.

"Okay that's settled. But I'll only do this on ONE condition Dakota Jameson Lee."

"And what is that Mom?" I'm curious, to say the least.

"All you boys are forbidden from doing any of this until you have all sat in a Sex Ed class with me. Yes. I know Sean is in his last year of residency and I don't care. Both he and Owen must be in attendance. Understood?"
Is she serious??

"Really mom??" I ask astounded.

"Yes really! I know that you have been through my class several times and a couple of the boys too, but I need to be sure you are all on the same page. I love Sang and I intend for her to be around for a looonnnggg time. You boys will not hurt her in any possible way while I'm around."

Oh wow she is serious...how am I going to tell the guys this mess?

"I'll have to tell the guys Mom, but ok."

"Good. Now get to bed sweetie we have a lot of work to do," she instructs, kissing my forehead goodnight before retiring for the night.

Instantly my phone is in my hands and I am dialing Mr. Blackbourne. As per usual he answers before the first ring is completed.

"Mr. Lee? How did your discussion with Mrs. Lee go?" Straight to business as usual.

"Surprising. Better then I could have hoped. She is all for helping and has made a few suggestions. But...she has one condition," I hesitate.

"Anything. What is her condition?"

"Well...she wants to have a talk with all of us. She said to be sure you and the Doc are in attendance."

"Well that is not a problem. When should we come by? Is tomorrow convenient for her?" he says calmly.

"No, Mr. Blackbourne, I don't think you understood. She wants to have The Talk with us. All of us. "

Silence. I'm met with utter silence. Did my mom really just shock Mr. Blackbourne Into silence?