Chapter 5

Grilled chicken, steamed vegetables and mashed potatoes. Pete looked down at his plate, sighing. He picks up his fork and bites into a piece of broccoli, bringing it to his mouth and chewing it slowly. Vegas was talking to his parents, he'd like to know what it is but he wasn't paying much attention. The fork goes through the mashed potato, barely smudging it and popping it into his mouth as well. He was hungry, yes, but he'd rather sleep and not go through so much discomfort. May is not so hard on her son, she spoke to him affectionately and even when she scolds him she is sweet.

"Aren't you hungry?" Porsche asks him whispering. This one enters right next to him.

"Not very" he smiles sideways.

"You don't have to eat if you don't want to. Or you can also tell Vegas to buy you something else."

"I'm fine, really."

"And...Pete, right?" The omega nods. "Do you plan to keep studying after the baby is born?" the alpha asks, leaning her elbows on the table.

"I think so, I hope I can."

"Any college in particular?"

"Haven't thought about what to study yet."

"You have a little time left."

"Mom, don't push it."

"Yes, May, leave the child for a while."

"No, it's okay. You're right, but first I want to finish the preparation with good grades."

"Vegas told me that you are one of the best" says Vegas' father, smiling. "Is that true?"

Pete's eyes twinkle a little, Vegas has talked about him to his dad, is that a good thing?

"Uh, yeah. You could say yes."

"Just tell them yes and be done with it" Vegas cuts in, sounding bored. "He's the fucking brains of the school, ya?"

"Vegas!" his father punches his arm. "You're rude."

"Not so much yeah, but yeah, I like getting good grades."

"What for?" the alpha looks at him, interested.

"It makes me feel good, I think."

"Weird" he whispers and takes another hit.

"And, Vegas didn't tell about your betas parents too, did he?"

"Yes. They both are."

He can see May smile.

"Who's your mother?"

"Thanya Pongsakorn."

"Yeah, I know her a little bit."

Vegas doesn't speak to her again all night. He finishes his dinner with a lot of work. He actually tasted pretty good. The red-haired man's parents leave when he's just gone into hiding, saying they'd be back soon. Pete hopes not, or at least without May.

"I'll take a shower," the alpha takes off his t-shirt, and Pete bites his lips.

"Vegas..."

"What?"

"Where did you get the money to buy dinner?"

"Never mind. The point is, you already ate and you should be happy about that."

"I... you're not doing anything wrong, are you?"

The red-haired man looks at him incredulously.

"If you think I'm a fucking Crack salesman you're dead wrong. And if I were, we wouldn't be living here."