Chapter 11

On Monday Pete was happy, he walked proudly into school, showing off his bulging 6-month-old belly. He sniffs, looking for the scent of Vegas but he doesn't seem to be around. He walks through the halls, greeting people he knows. He reaches for his locker, opens it and takes out the books he will need for the day, then puts them in his backpack.

Someone slams the metal door next to him, making him jump.

"How did you get Vegas to spend your heat with you?" It's Anong, a first year, Pete knows her because she's part of the Student Council.

"I have not had any jealousy with him"

"And so?" He points to Pete's belly, grimacing.

"Oh, that was his jealousy," he emphasizes. "He asked me"

"Do not lie!" he yells at her.

"Oh, girl" Pete walks away from her. "Wash your mouth and then we'll talk. Here" he puts a piece of gum in her hand. "If he's any consolation, they're bought by Vegas."

Pete leaves, laughing as he sees the omega put the rubber in her mouth. He enters his classroom where it is his first class. In his usual chair, there is Vegas, waiting for him.

"Hello," the alpha speaks first, standing to let the omega get settled.

"Hello," he smiles, taking a seat.

"I brought you this" from his backpack, he takes out a box of chocolates with almonds.

Pete smiles, opens it, and his smile falls. Of the 10 chocolates that should have been there, only 7 were there.

"It was Khun. He bought them and he said he deserved payment."

"Alright"

The doorbell rings and the black-haired man walks out the door, without saying goodbye. That seems normal to Pete now. He is glad that Vegas was changing, he could tell he was trying hard to do so.

[...]

After 3 classes in a row, he follows his recess. He walks to the cafeteria, where he assumes everyone should be, and he's not wrong. In the distance, he hears Vegas and Porsche fighting, as usual. They always argue about stupid things and unimportant things.

"Arrive" he sits next to Vegas, and he quickly clings to the omega, sniffing him.

"Hooola, guys!" Arm hums, standing on the side of the table.

Everyone responds to his greeting, except Vegas because, apparently, he is very busy with something else.

"I bring this" to everyone, he hands them a little card, the invitation to his party. "It's this Saturday, don't miss it" he leaves to go to another table to deliver more.

"How do they expect it to go like this?" Pete snorts.

"As well as?" Porsche asks, looking for something wrong with the omega.

"All pregnant!"

"I don't think it's that bad, Pete. We can find a place out of danger and hang out there."

"Are you going, Vegas? I don't think so, he's your cousin" Khun points out.

"I have to go or my dad will be angry."

"Why do you do everything out of obligation?" Pete turns to look at him.

"It's not out of obligation, it's just that people help me do things well"

"Ohh" the others say in chorus, understanding.

"We have to go to the checkup today," Vegas reminds.

"I know" he starts eating breakfast.

[...]

"It's good to see you guys again" the doctor opens the door for them. "You look better Pete, I can tell you've been eating, how are you doing with the vitamins I prescribed?"

"I always take them"

The man weighs Pete and measures his stomach, he says everything is perfect.

"If we're lucky, we'll see that he's the baby," he says, putting the gel on the omega's skin.

Vegas remains silent, listening to the explanations that Mr. Top gives. He tells the omega all the changes coming this month and recommendations.

"Here it is" he presses weird buttons and smiles. "This is his little face" and neither of them understands the image but still, they smile. "29 centimeters, it seems perfect to me"

He continues to speak in scientific and boring words – for Vegas –. He says that he weighs 300 grams and that was good.

"He is a boy!" the man says excitedly. "I hope you like the idea"

Vegas can see Pete nod, tears streaming down his rosy cheeks. The consultation ends, Vegas pays and they leave. Pete hasn't stopped sobbing and that worries the alpha.

"Are you okay, Pete?" He takes her arms.

Pete nods, burying his face in the taller man's chest, wetting his shirt.

"Why are you crying?" He speaks to him in a low voice, nuzzling his nose on the top of his head.

"It's just... I'm very happy" he sobs and at the same time laughs. "We're going to have a baby, a boy!"

Vegas nods, lifting the omega's face. He can't take it anymore, he needs it and ever since he meets Pete he's been wanting it. So without wasting any more time, he joins his lips with the wet one of the shorter one. The brunette makes a surprised noise but he doesn't move away, he stays close to the alpha.

His alpha.