Chapter 9

In the following days Vegas is quiet with Pete. Many times he has raised his voice to him but always apologizes afterwards. At school, they eat their breakfasts together. Sometimes accompanied and sometimes completely alone. Brown keeps him informed with all the changes and movements he feels from the baby. Vegas is pleased to know that the omega is happy about it all.

The alpha bites into the fruit on his plate, bringing it to his mouth. Pete is in front of him, eating a hamburger. He knows it's not healthy but he was craving it. His eyes sparkle as he bites into the juicy meat.

"God, it's so good" he wipes the edges of his lips with the napkin Vegas offers him.

"Don't start, Vegas" rolls his eyes.

As if by magic, Kinn, Porsche, Khun and Arm appear, taking a seat. Vegas snorts, annoyed. They were already late.

"Look what I brought you, Pete" Arm passes him a chocolate cupcake and the omega squeals.

"Thanks a lot, I wanted to buy one but with the money Mom gave me I can't afford it!" he sets it down on his tray, next to his breakfast.

"Why are you giving him that?" Hyunjin frowns. "It's too much candy for him-"

"Shhh," his cousin shushes him, popping a potato chip into his mouth. "Let the kid enjoy."

Vegas chews on the chip, with annoyance.

"Well... Prom is coming up" Khun tells him, unwrapping his burrito.

"Three weeks, yep" Pete agrees. "You still don't have anyone to go with?"

"No. Neither do you."

"We can go together if you want."

"That's fine with me" the beta says, not taking much notice.

"No."

"Why?" the blond alpha asks, amused. "Why can't Pete go with Khun, they're friends, I don't see anything wrong."

"Because Pete is going with me."

"What, since when was I not aware?" The omega furrows his eyebrows.

"Since now, and you're finding out?"

"You're a fool, Vegas" Porsche cuts in. "You shouldn't be jealous, least of all of Khun. You could at least be a little romantic, maybe?"

"Why be romantic if he's going to say yes in the end?"

"How can you be so sure?" The omega challenges him, bringing his face closer.

Vegas wants to show him his fangs but Khun has pulled his omega against his chest.

"I bet Pete would like you to do something special to get you to ask him to the dance," Arm opined, winking at the chestnut. "If you won't do it, I will."

"Hello, I'm still here!" Pete waves his hand but no one seems to pay attention to him.

"I can be romantic" Vegas says, looking at everyone.

"Yeah, sure you can" Khun rolls his eyes.

"I'll prove it to you!" he stands d meso, annoyed.

"Where are you going?" Pete asks him with his mouth full.

"To plan something for you."

"But I do want to go with you" he plays with his fingers.

"I know, but I'll make it special."

Pete swallows and smiles.

Vegas starts walking to the exit and comes back. He pulls Kinn by his shirt and Kinn stands up.