Chapter 6

It's only been 10 minutes and thankfully, Vegas has done nothing but grunt when the omega and his cousin get too close or smile at each other. For Pete, it felt pleasant. They were under a tree that shaded them, the air making their branches collide and make a soothing noise.

"How long are you guys going to be here?" Vegas asks interrupting and typing something on his cell phone.

"About... an hour or a little more" Pete looks at the clock on his phone.

"Okay. I'm leaving" he stands up. "Here take this, if you want you can buy yourself anything to eat" he drops some bills inside the omega's backpack and starts to leave.

"You're going to work?"

The alpha just shrugs his shoulders but never stops his pace.

"Is he hard to deal with?" asks Arm. "I don't know why he acts like this with you. A lot of our aunts love him for being protective."

"I don't know, he's always been like that with me."

"Like what?"

"Like hostile and idiotic."

Arm nods, copying a few things into his notebook.

The advisories are going well, the alpha is learning pretty fast apparently. Chan was always nice to him and at no point did he ever hint at anything or say anything risqué. On the contrary, he said he was happy to have him in his family and even happier that he would soon be an uncle. He said that of the cousins, Vegas was the first to mate and have a child. Well, just as the black-haired alpha was among the oldest of his cousins, his family was still young.

With the money Vegas gave him, he saw that he could buy some things at the supermarket. That would be better because with that they would both eat. In a small super market he bought bananas, bread, jams, cheese and some vanilla milk. He also recharged his cell phone with some credit. He looked at the time and it was already close to 6pm, and he still had to wait for the bus to take him home. Walking to the station, he passed by an art store, where he bought a small can of white spray paint. He had a job with Porsche on Friday, so he might as well buy it outright.

In the truck, I sighed happily, just wanted to get home and get something to eat, then take a shower and sleep until the next day. It smells like cigarettes and other things, a thin layer of smoke comes out of the kitchen entrance. Inside is Vegas, accompanied by two more alphas and those Pete doesn't know. There are beer bottles on the table, dirty glasses and a half-drunk bottle of cheap whiskey.

"Ehhh..." Pete walks in with the bags and settles them on the plateau next to the dishwasher.

"Is that your omega, Vegas?" a drunk and maybe stoned alpha asks. The red-haired man doesn't answer. "He's got a nice ass."

The brown-haired man opens his mouth but nothing comes out, just stares in disbelief at Vegas nodding, then laughing. The others follow.

Pete makes a sandwich, under the mocking gaze of the three alphas, when he finishes. He leaves without a word to his room. He spends all his time there, locked up. Later, he takes a quick shower and, with wet hair, falls asleep. He didn't sleep well, he woke up every now and then, always hearing laughter coming from outside, and some music. The last time he wakes up, he rolls his body and bumps into something, or rather someone.

He stops, to turn on the lamp, and the alpha next to him was not Vegas, he knew it but wanted to confirm it. He looks at the time and it's already morning, it's even past time to go to class. With trepidation, they walk to the kitchen and, What the fuck, Vegas, he wonders inwardly. On the largest wall in the kitchen, it's written, in spray paint Pete bought, "Vegas and Tawan are whores." Pete assumes Tawan is one of the alphas, but the truth doesn't matter.