Chapter 12

After the kiss Vegas didn't say much, nothing really. He just half smiled at Pete, took his hand and walked him home. It was fine with the brown, that was a small breakthrough, he knew Vegas wasn't going to be kissing him all the time either. The alpha needed to get used to the idea that they were alpha-omega.

By Wednesday, Vegas was stickier than ever. In the buried in his neck, sniffing. He growled every time someone spoke to him at the lowest. It didn't matter if it was beta or an omega like him. Pete wasn't complaining because he was perfect like that.

Now they were sitting at the cafeteria tables, Arm was too, because he said now they were his new friends. Vegas couldn't stand him, he was the one talking to Pete the most and he was provoking him.

"Ehh, Vegas" Pete nuzzles the alpha's cheek, getting his attention, it only makes the red-haired man purr. "Can you go buy me a milkshake?"

"Go Arm," he snorts loudly.

"But I don't think you want another alpha to buy me stuff..."

"Alright" annoyed at having to leave the heat of the omega, he stands, going to the checkout.

Pete turns to Kinn, raising his eyebrow.

"It's his heat" he dictates obviously "He's getting close and he needs to sniff you so that when it's time to, you know, do it, his alpha will recognise you and not hurt you."

"Oh" he nods in compression. "Do you think Vegas wants to spend it with me, or will he call someone?"

"I think he'll say no first because he'll be afraid of hurting you. But if you want to spend it with him and convince him that he won't do anything to you... maybe he will."

"And if it doesn't happen, will he call someone?"

Kinn denies.

"I don't think so" he eats a chocolate, one of those Vegas gave Pete, and the brown man slaps him. "His alpha will go crazy from smelling any omega other than you. Yeah, if it ain't you, it ain't nobody."

Kinn finishes eating the chocolate and Pete doesn't care anymore. He bites his nails, thinking. Vegas not calling anyone else calmed him down a bit, but seeing the pain he was going to be in upset him again. He had to convince him.

"Here," the black-haired alpha nods the vanilla milkshake on the table, sitting down next to him and putting his head on his shoulder.

"Thanks, Vegas. How did you know this was my favorite?"

Vegas grunts.

"It was the only one there was."

Pete chuckles under his breath, he knew it was too good to be true.

(...)

He packs his new trousers in his backpack, the ones with the elastic. And a few more shirts and jumpers too.

"I'm ready, Mom," he shouts, heading downstairs.

His mother is in the living room, reading a gossip magazine. When she sees him, she smiles and reaches over to kiss his cheek.

"My baby is growing up."

"Thanks, Mom. I-"

"Not you, Pete" he puts his hands on the chestnut's stomach "This baby."

The omega rolls his eyes.

"Easy, baby. You're always gonna be my number one baby" he helps his son with the things he's carrying. "Come on, I have to carry you"

They leave, both with smiles on their faces. Thanya was happy that her son made things right with the alpha. He looked happy and better now, that was good for the beta.

"Take care of yourself, love. Anything, we're here for you" she strokes the shorter one's brown hair.

"Thanks, Mom" as best he can, he hugs her, or at least tries to.

Pete walks to the entrance and waits for his mother to leave before knocking on the door.

"Did you miss something, kid?" Vegas asks, leaning his body on the threshold and crossing his arms.

"Ehh, yeah. A black-haired, tall alpha and he's kind of stupid. He never thinks what he says and he's an idiot, do you know where I can find him?"

Vegas smiles, nodding and stepping aside to let Pete in.

"I was just going to your house" he says and grabs Pete's backpacks, carrying them into the room.

"To what?"

"To see you, what else?" he drops them on the bed.

Pete smiles big and wrinkling his nose.

"Oh, Vegas!" he squeals. "This one you must be feeling!"

He puts his hands on the omega's belly, now he does feel his baby's movements. They're all over the place and he barely feels them as rubs.

"Ouch!" moans Pete, touching where the last bump was. "That one really hurt! I hope you're not as much of an animal as your daddy!"

And Vegas lets out a loud laugh.

(...)

"I don't want to go, Vegas. Not like this," he whines, throwing a T-shirt in the alpha's face.

"Then let's just not go."

"B-but he's my friend!!!, and he'll feel bad if I don't go" he throws a tantrum and finally, crosses his arms over his chest with a pout.

"You're such a drama queen" she gives him back his shirt and helps him put it on. "I bet Arm will understand that you don't want to go."

"It's just that I do want to go, but not like this" she dries her tears.

"Oh, well, it's not like I can stop being pregnant for a few hours either."

"My feet hurt, my back is killing me" he sits on the bed, lifting his leg as high as he can so the taller one can put on his trainers. "I can't even put my shoes on by myself, I'm a mess."

"A mess with a baby in it."

"Vegas, that sounded bad!"

The black-haired man finishes his job of tying the laces. They're ready, he helps Pete stand up and Pete groans.

"We won't be that long, okay?" Vegas pins him to his chest, listening as the omega left such a kiss.

"Promise?"

Unsure, the alpha kisses the shorter one's head.

"Sure, now we have to go."

Again, Porsche made the loan of his car so they could go more comfortably and safely to his nephew's party. On the way, Pete sang, cried and laughed at everything they said on the radio. Vegas just rubbed his temples, calming himself down and telling himself it would soon be over. The omega's hormones were more raging than ever.