1

Once again, I found myself trying to dry the tears of another crying girl. It wasn't for me, or to win her over...I only consoling her because of him. He'd made an unbelievable number of girls cry this year, and the worse thing was that it had only been the first quarter of the first semester. Did he not realize that there was a way to reject a confession without making the other person cry? He was just plain mean every time.

Though it was shame, there was no surprise as to why he was always having girls go after him. He had an incredible appearance...almost too incredible. His dark hair has just the right amount of messy to make girls swoon, and an amazing body that most guys wished they could achieve. He made people who seemed perfect look flawed if they stood near him. Despite his eyes being a standard light brown, they were nicely shaped and he was tall, which girls liked even more.

Unfortunately, his appearance was deceiving. Underneath all of his obvious physical glory was probably Satan himself. Kizumi had to be the most awful person in the entire school. Probably the most awful person I had ever seen in my life. Though I had never been a direct victim of his reign of terror, Kizumi was constantly pounding on others. Every time I saw him, he was pushing some other kid around, or getting into fights with people no matter who they were or even if they were bigger than him.

Kizumi couldn't have cared less about anyone he came across. Every girl who had tried to speak with him was always left in tears because he wouldn't just simply let them down. No, he had to comment on their appearance or their personality and put them down. It was obvious he was cruel just because he could be. He wasn't afraid of consequences in the least. I would think that nearly everyone would avoid someone like that, but amazingly enough he did manage to keep a small group of people with him.

They were mostly just the kids who liked the fact that he could win any fight he got into. The ones who liked to hang around the back of the school and ditch class just to be rebellious. Over time I had sort of came to the conclusion that he only really kept them around so he wouldn't look like he was alone. He didn't treat any of them much better than he treated other people. He was such a terrible person that it made me kind of nauseous to think about. His vibe was so horrid that every time I was near him I felt like I needed to go home and scrub it off my skin sometimes.

Of course, I would never say something like that to his face. Part of the reason was because I couldn't even begin to imagine what he would do to me if I did...but the other reason as because I just couldn't do that to someone. I'd never been able to be mean to people before...I just never saw any point in hurting someone else like he always did. I could think it, but when it came to speaking it out loud I was silent.

"I don't understand why he had to be so mean about it...isn't getting confessed to a good thing?" Karin sniffled, wiping at her tears.

"Of course it is...Kizumi just isn't the right person to confess to...at all." I muttered the last part. She stared down at her desk, defeated. I didn't know exactly what Kizumi had said to her, but it must have been pretty rough. I patted her gently on the shoulder. "Don't worry about anything he said to you, Karin. He only said it to hurt your feelings. If you let it show that it hurt you, he's only going to feel more accomplished. Make him feel like a loser for failing to make you cry." I winked at her as I said the last part in an attempt to cheer her up. Encouraged just slightly, the corners of her mouth lifted.

"A loser?" She sniffed one last time, ridding of her remaining tears with the back of her hand.
"Yeah. A huge loser. Besides, you're a great girl. You'll find someone much better a lot faster than you think. They'll treat you a lot better than he ever would." I comforted her. She gave me a full smile now.

"You're right...Thanks, Shirou." She kept the smile on her face, and I smiled back, glad I could cheer her up.

"Of course." I replied. One of the other girls spoke up as Karin came back around.
"Gosh, Shirou. You're such a nice guy. Why don't you have a girlfriend yet?" She asked me. I laughed at her question.

"I guess I just haven't found anyone I like in that way." I told her. They nodded and then turned their attention back on Karin. She was definitely feeling better now, but she would still probably need a little time to feel better about what Kizumi had said. I found it so strange that even though girls knew how Kizumi was, they still fell in love with his looks and tried anyways. It was like they hoped one of them would change his mind...he never did though. It was such a repetitive mess...