36

It wasn't going to be easy, that's for sure. I was terrified as I walked across the campus to the cafeteria. I wasn't afraid to see him...I was afraid of myself. My own feelings were what scared me. I opened the doors and looked around. I didn't see him anywhere. I felt so much relief I could have died.

I made my way over to the table and then sat down after tossing my bag on top. God...what was I going to do? I felt so nervous. It didn't even feel like my body was mine...I was sort of numb, actually. I felt kind of odd too...the body that I was sitting here as was so innocent a few days ago. Now it wasn't. That thought freaked me out.

...It did feel good though...

"Why..." I groaned quietly as I laid my head on the table. I looked around for a second for my friends. To my relief, I didn't see any yet and I quickly gathered my things. I didn't really want to see them right now. Hurriedly, I got out of my seat and then whirled around. Before I made it two steps, I hit someone.

It was little surprising that I didn't see them there. I must have been a lot more distracted than I thought. When I looked up, my heart stopped. Kizumi was looking down at me with a weird expression. I stared back quietly, waiting for him to say something.

"Come here." He took hold of my arm and pulled me off to the side of the cafeteria. When he was sure we were far away enough from anyone to be listening, he spoke again. 

"Saturday." He began. I felt blush flood my cheeks instantly, but he kept his expression the same. His eyebrows were furrowed worriedly. "...you won't say anything about that, will you?" I was almost shocked at his question. It was ridiculously stupid, even for him.

"O-of course I wouldn't." I gave him a look of disbelief.

Relief looked like it washed over him with an extreme amount of force, and he let out a shaky sigh. He still looked kind of...sad, almost.

"I...You aren't...angry, right?" He asked me. The word that were coming out of his mouth were so odd for him. Usually he was so confident and blunt about everything. Right now he sounded kind of afraid.

"Angry?" I replied confusedly. "Of course not...why would I be?" The last part was muttered, and more to myself than him. Still, he responded.

"I don't know...I just-" He looked to his left, and I turned my head as well. Some of my friends were standing there staring at us. I watched as his face darkened, and then dropped into a look of irritation.

"Never mind. I'll see you later." He left before I could even open my mouth to respond. My friends watched him as he walked away.

"What did he want?" One of my friends asked. I shook my head.

"I don't even know." I was telling half the truth at least.

"It's so weird to not see him glaring all the time." Another said as we began to walk.

"I know right...Anyways, what did you do this weekend, Shirou?" One of the girls asked. I fought back my blush so hard I thought I might split in half from the amount of effort I putting into it. This is exactly why I wanted to leave...Thanks, Kizumi. I thought sarcastically as I took a breath to answer her.

"Oh...uh...nothing really. Just watched a movie and stuff." Again, it was half truthful.

"What movie?" They asked. 

"I...don't remember." I said as I sat down at the table once more, defeated by their questions already. My whole weekend had been absorbed by thoughts about Kizumi. I couldn't remember anything else like movie titles or what I ate, even.

"Do you remember what it was about?" They asked me. I shook my head and gave a small laugh.

"Not a clue. I wasn't really paying attention." This time I was telling the truth. I didn't like lying to my friends, but I didn't really feel like answering a billion questions so early in the morning...and right after seeing Kizumi already.