37

I had my arm over my face as I laid in the grass during lunch, not eating. My friends sat around in various spots talking with one another. I would speak up once in a while to let them know that I wasn't completely ignoring them. It wasn't like I was trying to though...I was just distracted.

I kept thinking about what happened Saturday, and then Kizumi this morning. He didn't seem very flustered...Did he not think what happened was a big deal? Maybe he'd done that kind of thing before...maybe that's why he seemed so normal when I saw him.

The thought made me sort of uncomfortable...Jealousy, maybe? I suddenly laughed at how ridiculous I was being, and my friends stopped talking. When I removed my arm, they were looking at me.

"What?" One of them said. I shook my head and placed my arm back over my face.

"Nothing. I was just thinking of something." I responded.

"Well what was it?" Someone asked. I scanned my brain for an answer, but came up with nothing.

"Well, it was just-" I began to improvise.

"Shirou." A voice suddenly cut me off. Without removing my arm from my face, I immediately recognized the voice and knew who it was. I lifted my arm to see Kizumi standing above me. I didn't say anything as I looked up at him. Instead, I found myself trying not to get flustered.

He stared down at me and said nothing as well. Again, he didn't look like he was getting very nervous at all. I had no clue how he was doing it. Before, he seemed so awkward and blushed a lot. We had been staring at each other for a long moment, and I finally decided to say something.

"Yes?" I half stuttered. He glanced at my friends, and then back down to me. 

"...can I sit with you guys?" He asked after a moment. I widened my eyes for a second. That was highly unusual of him...

"Uh...yeah, sure." Surprise was obvious in my voice, but I ignored it and sat up so he could sit next to me. My friends, unlike last time, didn't give me alarming looks. They still had some worry on their faces, but at least they didn't look so terrified.

Things were kind of quiet for a moment. We all just kind of looked around and wracked our minds for something to say. Eventually, like usual, one of my friends finally broke the awkward silence.

"Did you do anything this weekend, Kizumi?" One said. Another spoke up right after.

"He said he doesn't usually do stuff though." She argued.

"I know...but still." My friend said back.

"Well..." Kizumi started. My heartbeat picked up in a flash as I listened to him. I waited for his next words with great anxiety. It wasn't like I thought he'd say anything about what we did...it was just the the possibility of it happening. 

"...I watched a movie." Relief flooded me as he said those words.

"Oh really? What movie?" A couple of them picked their heads up and looked at him. He told them the title and they chorused a couple of 'ohs'.

"I watched that...it was kind of stupid." One of them muttered. Kizumi nodded.

"Yeah. It was. I didn't bother finishing it." Kizumi replied.

"What about you, Shirou? Have you seen it?" One asked. I nodded.

"That doesn't really seem like something you'd watch." A couple of them laughed and agreed.

"Well...I...I guess not." I laughed. In all honesty, I was just grabbing whatever my eyes found next, and Kizumi ended up agreeing to it.

"Why'd you watch it then?" They were still smiling a little.

"I..." I started to trail off, and Kizumi picked right up after me. What he said caused me to nearly faint.

"I'm the one who picked it."

My friend's faces all froze with confusion for a moment. I watched the evolution of confusion into shock as they looked over at me. I started to blush ever so slightly, and I fought it back as hard as I could.

"What?" One of them finally said. "You mean you guys watched it together?"

"Like...you guys hung out?" Another said.

"Since when did you guys start hanging out?" They began bombarding me with questions and I sighed internally.

"I...just this past weekend." I explained.

"So that's the movie you were talking about earlier." One said.

"Still. I didn't know you guys were...friends." They looked absolutely shocked. I laughed to ease the mood a little bit.

"Well...I guess working on the English project together kind of opened us up to one another." I shrugged. When I glanced over at Kizumi, he looked kind of guilty...but I gave him a smile, and to my relief, he blushed again.

There it was.