28

When the bell rang, I said my goodbyes to my friends and walked to my locker. As I pulled my things out, I thought about what Kizumi said. I don't have any friends...I don't need them. That wasn't true...Kizumi just didn't have any real friends, which is probably why he felt so bitterly about them. I wouldn't mind being his friend. After all, I still barely knew him in all truth. For all I knew, he could be a lot of fun. Plus, he was rather good looking as well.

Blush blossomed across my face the moment that thought passed through my mind. Good looking... I thought idiotically. Did I really just think that? Although I felt embarrassed to think it, I couldn't help but agree with it. Kizumi was a good looking guy...that's why so may girls had their hearts broken by him. They'd fall for his looks and then he'd crush them more severely than needed.

I shut my locker and then began to walk down the hall when I noticed Kizumi standing a little ways down the hallway. He wasn't walking. He looked like he was waiting. After a moment, I realized he was looking at me. I smiled, and he blushed, then turned his head away. When I reached him, he began walking with me.

"Finally gonna walk with me?" I joked. He kept his head turned away from me.

"Shut up." He said. I laughed and looked ahead.

"So I was won-" I began, but was abruptly cut off.

"We're not partners in English anymore." He said as we walked. I nodded then looked at the floor sullenly as I remembered.

"Yeah..." We got closer to the English room every step, and I didn't know what to say. When we reached it, Kizumi stopped and I turned around to find him giving me the most apologetic look I had ever seen.

"I...I'm sorry..." He looked genuinely sad and I became worried.

"What?" I moved forward slightly. "Why?"

"I missed the presentation we were supposed to do together." In an instant, I understood why he was upset. It was probably the last time we'd have a project together, and he missed out on the last part of it because he stayed home. He wasn't just apologizing. He was disappointed in himself as well.

"Kizumi..." I began. The bell rang again, and he brushed past me.

"Just...never mind..." He said and then disappeared into the classroom. I followed behind him after a moment, and went to my desk sadly. Why was it so hard for me to come up with answers for him when he was expressing his emotions? It wasn't like I'd never done it for other people...so why was it so hard for me to talk to Kizumi?

Maybe it became harder for me to speak because I knew how he felt about me...did I not return his feelings the same way, and that's why? I couldn't even tell. I didn't have a clue about how I felt towards him. I'd never really thought about it. I certainly didn't dislike him...but as far as to feel the same way he felt about me? I had no clue. I didn't exactly...disagree with that idea...but I hadn't ever really thought about it either.

I felt blush creeping across my face the more I thought about it. Wasn't it a little weird though? I mean, I had nothing against gays or anything, but it seemed weird for me because I had never thought about possibly liking a guy before. Now that one had confessed to me, my entire view had been opened up up. 

I glanced back at Kizumi and his eyes met mine. Blush spread across both of our faces even darker than it already was. He looked down at his paper again and tightened his grip on his pencil continuing to write. I looked down at my own paper, which was empty. I realized then that the teacher had passed out worksheets. I had been so lost in my own thoughts that I hadn't even realized it.

As I wrote on the paper about what I learned from the project Kizumi and I did together, my mind wandered back onto Kizumi, but this time, my mind sparked an idea. I knew where he lived now, so that meant that if he wanted, we'd be able to hang out sometime.

"Kizumi." I said. "What do you say we hang out this weekend?"