11

Over the next few days, Kizumi and I worked on our project, doing each part diligently and thoroughly. Of course, Kizumi and I had no trouble doing any of it because we were so alike in the way we thought. We often found ourselves finished before a lot of the other pairs and we just sat there in silence. Today, as usual, Kizumi and I sat in the desks next to each other and were writing outlines for the essays that were due next week. Kizumi suddenly stopped writing and said,

"Our essays are going to be too similar." he said. I pondered that for a moment, then came up with a solution.

"Well, when we finish our outlines, then we'll compare them. maybe we can give each other ideas to change them up a little." I suggested. He sighed and said,

"I don't need help on changing an essay." He grumbled. I stared at him for a moment, and he started to fidget slightly. "What?" His tone was irritated, but I only shook my head and went back to writing my outline. After I looked away, he stopped fidgeting, but I kept feeling him glance over at me once in a while. Sometimes he would randomly stare at me and then get angry when I stared back, as if I was the one staring in the first place. He say something like 'stop looking at me' or 'will you quit it?'. 

Kizumi was hard to get along with, and it almost seemed like he had mood swings. Some days he'd cooperate with me, though it was monotonously, and other days he'd completely dismiss my existence. More recently though, he would get uncomfortable if I did something as simple as look at him. He'd start to fidget and turn his body away from me. Like he was attempting to escape my gaze or something. Then, if I continued to look at him, he'd get angry.

The bell suddenly rang and I gathered up my things. Kizumi, like normal, was always first out of the class. I watched as he left the classroom. I didn't really think I'd ever come to understand him and his actions, but I was curious about him. I still didn't know anything about him, but I was starting to think maybe I had imagined that face he made the day he decided to try to hit me.

He'd never made that sort of face since, or anything close to it. The most I've ever received from him was a glare. His most common facial expression was a scowl, especially when talking to me. I was sort of used to it now, seems how he was always making that face. I wished he didn't make that face all the time though. It made me feel like I wasn't worth talking to for anything. 

"Shirou, could you come here for a second?" My teacher said. I stepped up to her desk and she smiled at me. "So, things are okay with Kizumi, I take it?" 

"Yeah. It's fine." I reassured her. She nodded and sat back in her chair a bit.

"I was honestly surprised when you said you still wanted to be his partner after what happened, but I'm glad you stayed. You and him make a good team." She said. Though I knew Kizumi disliked me, I couldn't disagree with her.

"Yes, we do...anyways, see you tomorrow." I said and waved to her as I left. She waved back as I stepped out into the hallway, heading for the last class of the day.