29

Here I stood on his porch, staring at the door.This past week had flown by a lot faster than I thought it would. Kizumi actually agreed to let me come over, and now that I was actually in front of his door, I felt a little anxious. I kept thinking about what happened last time I was here...it wasn't that I was afraid of it happening again. I was just afraid of not knowing how to react if it did.

Cautiously, I stretched my hand towards the doorbell, and then pressed it. I waited for a moment, and then the door opened. Kizumi stood in front of me, but this time less shocked. I smiled and he didn't turn his face away this time. Instead, he continued to look at me, though he was still blushing lightly.

"...Hi." He greeted, then opened the door more so I had room to enter. I stepped into the house and he shut the door with a push. We stayed quiet for a moment, and the silence grew somewhat agonizing. I looked around the house for an idea, but no conversational topics came to mind. So, I stood there silently while Kizumi and I swam in the quiet.

I didn't think it'd be this weird. Usually I wasn't so bad at coming up with something to say, but now I found myself trapped in a more-than-awkward position. I wasn't sure what to say to someone like Kizumi. I didn't want make him mad, but I didn't want to just  keep silent like this. He suddenly cleared his throat and then turned away.

"uh...well, my Mom ordered a bunch of pizza. I told her to only get one box, but she got three." He said as he led me to the kitchen. Just like he said, there were three boxes of pizza sitting on the counter.

"Whoa." I chuckled. I was extremely relieved that he finally said something. I was beginning to worry that coming over had been a huge mistake.

"Yeah...she never listens, I swear..." He muttered under his breath.

"It's alright." I said, feeling the mood lift a little. "At least it doesn't require any cooking. It tastes good too."

"Yeah..." He flipped open the lid of the box on the top and grabbed a piece. I took one myself and ate a bite. Kizumi looked at me for a moment. He grew nervous when I stared back.

"Um...do you want a soda?" He finally asked after a long moment of fidgeting. I nodded as I chewed my pizza. He walked to the fridge then pulled out a can and tossed it to me. I cracked it open and took a sip. The house was unusually quiet.

"Where's your parents?" I asked.

"Working, I guess." He said briefly and quietly, then took a bite of his pizza.

"What time do they come home?" I continued, trying to keep the silence from swallowing us again. He shrugged as he swallowed his food.

"There's no set time...they just come in and out whenever." He didn't sound like he cared much about his parents. Maybe they were out so often that he didn't really think much of them. I finished my slice of pizza and looked around, sipping my soda every now and then. Kizumi sat leaned against the counter across from me, doing the same. After the quietness began to get irritating, he spoke again.

"So what exactly are we supposed to do all day?" He squeezed his can lightly, indenting it and then messing with it in his hands.

"Well..." I thought for a moment. "We could watch movies, or play video games...we could go somewhere...I'm not really sure." I laughed at my own pathetic ideas. I had no clue what to do, and Kizumi probably had even less ideas considering the fact that he didn't do this often...or at all, actually.

"...movies and games?" A look of boredom crossed his face. "Is that all you can do?"

"Do you not have any video games that you like?" I asked him. He shook his head.

"I don't waste time on crap like that." His straightforward tone and words surprised me a little. He sure could switch emotions quickly. I hoped he wasn't getting annoyed already. After all, I just got here.

"Do you not watch movies either then?" As I spoke, he sighed a little.

"Of course I watch movies. How boring do you think I am? I've just seen every movie we have a thousand times." As he explained the situation to me, I got an idea.

"So why don't we go get a new movie then?" I suggested. "I've got enough money to get snacks and stuff if you want." I smiled at him and stared back at me, then looked away and nodded.

"Y-yeah...that sounds fine." He said. I clapped my hands together and continued to smile.

"Well then let's go." I left for the door and he followed silently.