18

When I entered the English classroom, I didn't look at Kizumi. The last thing I wanted to do was get on his nerves again right after the hallway incident. The teacher walked in and as usual, told us what we were doing for that day. She asked us if we understood, and everyone chorused a 'yes'. I stood and turned around, noticing that the back table we usually worked at was covered in stacks of papers and books today.

I sighed as I glanced at Kizumi. I hoped this wouldn't irritate him. When I walked over to his desk and stood in front of him, he didn't look up from the papers he had in his hands.

"The table's got a bunch of the teacher's stuff on it, so we'll have to work on our desks today." I told him. He instantly turned around to see what I was talking about. As I expected, a sigh of irritation came from him. It's not like it was our table, so I couldn't understand why it mattered that much. I leaned the project board against his desk and headed to my bag to grab some supplies. When I returned, Kizumi had the board opened already and laid across his small desk top. 

"Here, I have an idea." I suggested. "Pick up the board for a second." I said. He picked it up and I moved some chairs around, then moved a second desk over. That way, the board would have more support. Kizumi was silent as he placed the board down, and then shuffled through the papers he picked up. I pulled a chair over, as did Kizumi and we stayed standing for a moment.

"I'll work on the left side of the board." Kizumi said as he started choosing the papers he would need. I nodded and reached out to take the papers I needed from him. He drew his hands closer to his body. 

"Can't you wait two seconds?" His face was on the verge of a glare, so I remained quiet. After a moment, he shoved the papers he didn't need towards me and sat down. I sat down beside him and handed him a sharpie. 

"Okay, so here's the layout for that section of information." I handed him a paper with bullet points and such on it and he began writing right away. I trusted what he would do, so I didn't watch him write. I began to write info down on one side of the board as well. After a few minutes, I glanced over at Kizumi. 

He was tense. His whole body seemed sort of stiff, and he was holding the sharpie a bit tightly. I looked down slightly, and noticed how close we were sitting. Nearly touching, actually. Maybe that's why he was getting so anxious. I looked back up at him and poked him with the end of my sharpie. He looked at me, annoyed.

"What?" He somewhat choked.

"Are you okay?" I asked him. He looked at me like I was stupid and after a short pause, replied,

"What do you mean 'Am I okay'? Mind your own business and just do your work."

"Alright, sorry..." I sighed and continued writing on my side of the board. As I worked, I continuously took little glances at Kizumi. He seemed to be getting flustered. He seemed a bit flustered, and he wasn't as focused as usual. The teacher's voice. broke my gaze from him. 

"Alright guys. Let's clean up."  I glanced at the clock, shocked to see how quickly the time had passed. Kizumi and I began cleaning our stuff up silently. I was kind of worried about him, though. The bell rang and we quickened our pace slightly. He placed the board in its spot, and grabbed his things. He still didn't look very collected.

"Kizumi...are you sure you're okay?" He sighed at my question and ignored me, walking past me and out the door. I looked back at him as he left and struggled to zip my bag. When I succeeded, I hurried out the door and trotted up next to him.

"Will you just leave me alone already?" He growled at me. I held back a scoff. I was only concerned...he didn't have to be so rude.

"I....I'm just worried is all." I tried.

"Well stop worrying. It's none of your business anyways." He began to walk faster and I fell behind slightly. For a small moment, I looked at his back as he walked away from me. Normally, I would have turned around. I would have stopped following him and decided to just give up. This time, having been fed up with constantly being ignored and receiving dismissal any time I spoke to him, I reached out and grabbed his arm.