Chapter 14 - Truth or Dare.

Demi's POV:

The next day, I had a thing in mind. A movie night with the one girl I cared about. While I was not with her, for now, today was all about hinting and seeing how she'd take it. Last night was a rollercoaster, listening to her from the other room, hearing her sweet release, made my heart ache. I wanted her, and I was pretty sure she wanted me too.

I decided to make it a movie night, because who doesn't love a good movie? And I was hoping it would give us something to talk about. She walked out her room, rubbing her eyes in her cute pyjamas, my jaw dropped, this was the first time I had seen her in anything other than baggy clothes and you could tell she had lost weight. I almost had to control myself not to stare. Her new figure was incredible, her curves were accentuated, her arms and legs toned. Even her face seemed more defined, slimmer and glowing. She yawned and stretched, revealing her stomach.

"Wow." I said out loud, she looked towards me, blushing, and I immediately felt my cheeks heat up too. "I-I mean, you look...amazing, Kayla." I stammered, trying to find the right words. "I had no idea, you know... How well working out and eating healthy has been. You've lost so much weight and I'm proud." It was true, I hadn't really paid attention to her weight before, but now that I did...wow.

She scratched the back of her neck, "Let's see how much I've lost, I guess. Thanks, Demi." Her voice was soft, almost shy. I smiled at her reaction and decided to go for it. "I was thinking, since we're stuck in and all, why don't we cuddle up on the couch? You know, get closer and watch a movie together?" I asked, feeling a little nervous but also excited.

"That sounds good, I'd love that." She smiled sweetly, the both of us walking into the bathroom where the scales stared at us. I felt my heart race as she stepped on, and the number flashed up...

Kayla's POV:

When I took the big step in going to the gym almost a year ago, I stood at a small 5"5, weighing 87kg, that made me obese, it killed when I used to see the numbers go up, and up. But now, here I was, my first time stepping on the scales since lockdown started, and the number was way less than what I had expected.

72kg! I was no longer obese! I still had a way to go, but I felt the difference, 15kg lighter, I couldn't help but smile. "Holy crap," I said under my breath, my heart racing. "That's amazing, Kayla!" Demi exclaimed, clapping her hands together. I glanced up at her and felt my cheeks heat up. "I'm proud of you. You've really worked hard." Her words warmed my heart, and I felt a sudden surge of happiness and contentment.

We fell into a deep hug, both of us feeling so much relief and happiness. "Thanks, Demi. I'm glad you think so." I said, my voice muffled by her shoulder. "I've been working really hard, and it's good to know someone notices." She pulled away, looking me in the eyes, and I could see the sincerity in her expression. "You should be proud of yourself, too. You've been such a great influence on me."

Demi's POV:

I was so damn proud, not just because she looked incredible, but because I knew she'd made those changes for herself. She had taken control of her life and proven to everyone that she could do it. I felt a rush of protectiveness and admiration wash over me.

As the hours wore on and the sky turned black, it was time for movie night, the perfect excuse for us to cuddle up on the couch and get a little closer. I scrolled through our extensive movie collection, trying to find something that we could both enjoy. I glanced over at Kayla, her hair pulled up into a messy bun, her shoulders bare in a cute tank top. The pyjama pants she wore were loose on her now, hanging off her hips just right. She had a way of making even the most ordinary outfit look sexy.