This is it (Miles POV)

Miles sat clicking away at his computer, today felt numb, it was nothing compared to the excitement of yesterday, how could it? Nothing could compete with Phoenix's precious smile, Miles felt so safe when he was near him, as if all his worries would melt away.

Miles knew he had to do it. It had to be today, he was ready to go head on into the mess that was his feelings and confront the thing that worried him the most. Today he would pick up his phone and send that text, he would tell Phoenix everything.

Just as Miles sent the text he got one back from Phoenix, it was the exact same words he had written.

'I have something to tell you...'

Miles grew worried, what if what Phoenix wanted to say was completely different, what if there was a huge misunderstanding, what if... Phoenix wouldn't want to even talk to him anymore?

Miles swallowed his fear, he had to get this done, he would get this done. Miles' hands trembled as he carefully typed out each letter.

'Meet me in my office, today, 19:00...'

He anxiously waited for a reply, it seemed an eternity, but then Phoenix finally messaged back.

"Ok, it's time we tell each other everything..."

Miles felt a glimmer of hope, his heart felt like it would explode... Miles' first thought was to make his office look perfect, he would make sure everything went according to plan.

Miles just wanted it all to be over with so that he could be together with Phoenix, forgetting everything that has happened to him. He could finally stop facing his past over and over again, and instead look towards a new, brighter future. A future with Phoenix.

Excitedly, Miles cleared up his office, he rushed outside and looked for a bouquet of flowers that would match Phoenix. He thought to himself, these flowers need to show to Phoenix what I think of him, they need to match my thoughts...

However, every time Miles went shopping, his mind wandered. He kept picturing Phoenix over and over and thought about what he should say.

'I love you...'

No... That would come across too strong, Miles needed something that would tell Phoenix just how he feels, without scaring him off.

'Phoenix, I have liked you for some time now... I need to know if you feel the same.'

Yes! Much better... Miles knew exactly what he would say. He ran back to his apartment to get himself ready, fixed his hair and cleaned up his suit. He even thought about reciting his confession in the mirror but then realised that may be taking it too far.

He was ready.

Jumping into his car, he quickly drove back to his office, placed the flowers gently onto his desk and waited. And waited and waited, Miles kept glancing over at his watch, waiting as the seconds ticked by.

Soon a knock emerged by the door, Miles' heart leapt and he ran to open it...