As time passes

It had been a few months since the incident had occurred. Not just the court case but Miles' breakdown too. The weather was finally clearing up, the frost of winter melted away and the new flowers bloomed. Phoenix thought this was the perfect opportunity to finally take Miles to the beach, Miles had always told Phoenix how much he missed the beach, the water, he loved it. Phoenix wanted to make sure that he went to the best beach though, a calm place, with beautiful.

"Miles. You know what I think we should do today?"

"What?"

"The beach!"

Miles' eyes widened he jumped with excitement and hugged Phoenix.

"That sounds great! I guess my hinting finally paid off."

"Hinting?"

"Who do you think gave you the idea to go to the beach?"

Phoenix laughed, Miles would always be one step ahead, always planning for the future. Who's to say he isn't already planning something else right now? Miles joined in. 

"Do you mind if I ask Maya to join us?"

"Oh of course not Phoenix!"

Phoenix smirked.

"How about Gumshoe too? Maya really seemed to get along with him."

Miles thought for a second, Phoenix could see the gears turning in his head. It was hilarious.

"Sure"

Phoenix smiled.

Miles and Phoenix spent most of the morning packing, they filled their bags with the best beach snacks, swim suits (which Phoenix was really excited to wear, mostly because of Miles) and some sunscreen and drinks. 

At around noon, Miles drove down the entire group to the beach, Phoenix sat next to him whilst Maya watched them with a huge smile on her face. Gumshoe looked out the window and would randomly chime into the conversation, it seemed he didn't really know what to do but was happy to be there anyways.

Finally they arrived at the beach. Phoenix was disappointed, it was cloudier than he expected, he thought that's probably what I get for going to the beach in the first week of spring.

Miles helped Phoenix set up their small umbrella, it flowed sadly in the wind. Gumshoe and Maya immediately jumped into the water, Phoenix watched as they splashed around. Miles took out a mat and lied down in the sun, Phoenix sat down next to him and waved his hand in front of his face.

"Miles you need sunscreen, I won't be dating you if your the same colour as a red pepper."

Miles laughed.

"You never could handle spice anyway."

Even though Miles complained he still sat up. Slowly, he applied the sunscreen and turned around to Phoenix.

"I need help with my back, I can't reach it."

Phoenix blushed, he watched as Miles lied down, looking over to Gumshoe and Maya, he applied the sunscreen whilst a red blush creeped around his face. Miles looked up and smirked.

"Who's the red one now?"

Miles continued to lay on his back, Phoenix decided to lie down too; Miles turned around to look at him, Phoenix watched as he looked at his partner smile at him, his eyes sparkling with joy. Phoenix grew tired and felt as the sun warmed his body. The heat finally took over and Phoenix fell asleep, he felt as Miles placed a hand on his back.

Phoenix dreamed of a beautiful house and in it he found Miles. In his dream he talked for hours and hours about anything and everything he wanted to say to 'Miles'. He dreamed of walking around town with this other Miles, going shopping in a small village and eating at fancy restaurants. Phoenix had never been a romantic guy but around Miles he felt like he wanted to do all the cliches, kissing in the rain, proposing in the sunset. Then Phoenix thought about proposing, he never thought about how far him and Miles would go. He wanted to go as far as he could.

Just as Phoenix was getting to the best part of his dream he felt someone shake him awake.

"Niiick! Wake upppp!" Of course, it was Maya whining. She had an ice-cream in her hand, and as Phoenix gained consciousness he looked over to see Gumshoe looking like a child, with a small ice lolly in his hand.

"Hey pal! The water is great, you and Mr Edgeworth should really go in."

Miles turned around, he had already gotten up and held out his hand. 

"Come on then Phoenix we might as well go in."

Phoenix wasn't too worried about Gumshoe catching on, he seemed too invested in his conversation with Maya. Phoenix grabbed the hand out in front of him and together the two of then walked down into the water. 

Phoenix froze.

Miles had already dived straight in, he slicked his hair back to stop it form going in his face. Phoenix would have usually admired Miles, especially with his hair back, however, Phoenix was too busy shivering. He ran back out of the water.

"This water is ice cold! Gumshoe is such a liar!"

Miles swam over and splashed Phoenix. He recoiled and yelped out in shock.

"Miles!! It's cold! I really can't go in!"

Miles frowned, he had grown bored of Phoenix's little game of trying to stay out the water. He gave up and just pushed Phoenix into the water.

Phoenix closed his eyes as he felt the water surrounded him, it was so cold but he slowly grew accustomed to it. Rising back up to the surface he saw Miles looking at him in shock.

"Phoenix your hair!"

Phoenix grew confused, his hair seemed perfectly fine.

"What about it, it seems fine?"

"That's the problem! Why is your hair still spiky!"

"Ohhhh... I use a lot of hair gel."

"Too much hair gel!"

"Yeah, I might have overdone it today."

Miles grabbed Phoenix's hand and led him further out into the water, Phoenix looked back to see Maya smiling back at him whilst she made a sandcastle with Gumshoe. 

Slowly they moved further out...