I'm trying

A/N

Surprise! It's a Miles POV, from now on I won't be putting his POV's in the titles because if there is a new reader I don't really want to spoil the story because they can just scroll down and see his POV. This chapter might be a bit short cause it's not like a proper part of the story.

After Wright had left Miles poured himself another cup of tea to calm his nerves. He quietly sipped his drink whilst sitting at his desk, it was now fully night and most of the people in the building had gone home. Miles was used to these long shifts so he didn't feel tired. Emotionally however, he felt so exhausted. He had spent all his energy trying to justify his reason for leaving Wright. He knew he was wrong. He knew Wright had every right to be mad.

It still felt wrong to call him Wright, Miles was so accustomed to calling him Phoenix that sometimes he would slip up, it tortured him to just watch Wright suffer and not want his help. It reminded Miles of how he had felt when he had left Wright, he knew he had made a terrible mistake he couldn't take that back. The only thing Miles could do now is try to make up for it. Wright deserved to have his anger accepted and Miles knew that the only thing to help was to be patient and understand him. Miles thought about how he would be devastated if Wright did that to him.

Miles missed him. He missed everything that they had.

He missed the beach days, the presents, the conversations; he missed it all. Miles regretted leaving, it was one of the biggest things he had regretted in his entire life. Left alone with his thoughts, Miles' past began to surround him, all his mistakes and regrets engulfed him.

His breaths quickened and his vision came and went, Miles had a hard time holding onto reality as the teacup trembled in his hand. He carefully placed the cup down and collapsed his head onto the table. Miles' eyes grew tired and heavy as looked around his office, soon, his eyes concentrated on his suit from the first case he ever prosecuted. 

Even now his past haunted him. Miles had chosen to put that suit up there but was it really a choice? Or more of a suggestion by a certain mentor, one that had controlled most of his life. Now it was Miles' choice, he finally had the chance to choose for himself. Miles was going to take back his future and his choices, and the first thing to start that journey was to help Wright. To understand that Wright and his relationship will never be the same but that he could fix the remains of what was left. Even if the love was one-sided, Miles didn't deny that he still loved Wright, he didn't care if that love wouldn't be returned.

Determined about his thoughts, Miles thought and planned until the exhaustion took over him and he fell asleep on his desk. He knew his neck would ache in the morning but so what? Miles had made his decision and was finally making them on his own. No stress, panic or guilt could control him now.

Another A/N

Now we begin Miles' redemption arc! Don't be confused about the one sided love this story is still very much Narumitsu/ Wrightworth. It might just take a little while for them to get the romance going again.