Lonely [Miles POV]

Miles sat in his office mindlessly skimming over his papers, today was quiet, the trees swayed and the sun shone into the room. As he wrote down some notes, all he could think about was Phoenix, the hug they shared before he left, Miles would cherish that moment forever. The way he felt warm and fuzzy at Phoenix's touch, the way his coldness melted the moment Phoenix would speak. Miles knew he was a better, nicer version of himself around Phoenix, he liked this version of himself.

"Mr Edgeworth Sir!" Gumshoe barged into the room holding a file in his hand. "I have the case files you asked for! I didn't look inside!"

"Thank you detective, you can leave."

Miles stroked his hand along the case file's name. 'DL-6 incident'. Even though that case had been solved now, Miles still felt the need to look back. He wanted to see his father one more time...

As the tears began pooling around his eyes, Miles' phone beeped. His heart jumped, a message... From Phoenix. Eagerly he unlocked his phone and read the message.

"Do you want to meet up in the park?"- Wright

"Sure, it would be most delightful."- Edgeworth

"How about 4:30? Does that sound good?"- Wright

"Of course thats fine. Would you like me to bring anything?"- Edgeworth

"Why don't we make this a picnic then? I'll bring food and drinks, if you want you can bring the mat."- Wright

"Of course, see you then."- Edgeworth

"Great!"- Wright

For Miles the rest of the day felt like forever, waiting for the clock to tick towards four just so he could run out his office and see Phoenix.

Finally! Miles rushed out of his chair and ran to the car park, his heart thumping with every step he took. Once he got home, Miles spent ages trying to pick out the outfit he should wear, should he be casual or should he dress elegant and refined? He took a second to think about what Phoenix would like to wear. Miles decided on a casual, navy blue sweatshirt with a pair of jeans to go with it. His heart wouldn't stop rushing, Miles had never felt this way before, never felt such excitement over one human being. Every small thing Phoenix would do made him blush, just by the way he would smile or by the way he would laugh.

Miles jumped into his car, he wanted to get there as early as possible, make everything look perfect, the perfect day for a perfect guy.

As he was setting up the mat and hassling with they corners, a pair of hands placed themselves onto his shoulders.

"Wright!" Miles turned around a huge blush sprouting across his face.

"Miles!" Phoenix remarked, placing the food and drinks he bought on the mat before hugging Miles.

Miles embraced Phoenix, squeezing him tightly as he could. He suddenly recognised the jumper Phoenix was wearing.

"Is that my jumper?" Miles retorted.

"Yeah... It's really comfortable" Phoenix posed. "And just look how stylish I look in it"

"Alright then..."

Miles continued struggling with the mat, fighting with the corners to make sure they stay in place.

"I'm really sorry I couldn't get the mat to lay flat"

"It's ok Miles, do you think something like this would bother me?"

Miles thought for a second, he had been influenced so much by Von Karma that he never realised how deep routed his need for perfection was, he smiled and shook his head.

"I guess not..."

"Come on! Let's get this picnic started!"

Miles shared a cake with Phoenix, both of them laughed and reminisced on their childhood, Miles was trying so hard not to let the mood down by thinking about his father.

"Aren't we lucky Miles? Today is so lovely despite it being winter. The sun is shining high and the wind is nowhere to be seen."

"Who knew you were such a poet Wright?"

"Well I guess the artist in me has to come through somehow!"

They both started chuckling, Miles had not felt this free in a long time, having someone near him made him feel so comfortable. Phoenix slowly lied down, his face staring right at Miles his dark blue eyes gazing into Miles' grey eyes. Miles decided to lay down as well, he quietly stared towards the sky, not a word uttered between them for ages. The silence felt comforting to them, Miles slowly closed his eyes and thought about everything that's happened so far. He started suddenly when he felt a hand lay on his forehead.

"Miles? You're really hot..."

Miles blushed intensely.

"Do you have a fever, would you like some water?"

"N-no thank you..." Miles had been caught so off guard by Phoenix's remark it caused him to stumble over his words.

Phoenix sat up and scooted towards Miles, looking down towards him whilst holding a blanket in his hand which he pulled out from his bag earlier. He placed the blanket over Miles who sat up and placed it around both their shoulders.

"Oh! Its ok Miles! I brought two blankets so that we wouldn't get cold. Here place the one I gave you back around, I don't want you getting sick."

Phoenix quickly wrapped Miles back up in the blanket and then placed his own blanket on himself, it had already begun to darken, the first few stars started to emerge.

Miles thought to himself about what he should do about his feelings. These were only temporary... Right? Miles had just never had someone care about him before. He was confusing himself, but then again, would anyone be able to make Miles feel the way he was around Phoenix? That's when Phoenix passed him a cup.

"Here do you want some wine, sorry I kind of just grabbed it on the way here so it might not be that good..."

"I thought you weren't bothered by imperfections?"

"I'm not bothered about your imperfections..."

Phoenix hugged Miles, both their hearts thumping in unison. Miles didn't turn red from embarrassment this time. He welcomed the hug, letting himself be engulfed by all his emotions. Without even realising it, the tears began to trickle out of his eyes and he started to sniffle.