I want to tell you

Phoenix saw Miles slowly walking back to the last spot they were in, he was balancing the coffees in his hands being careful not to spill them over. Phoenix slipped the figure into his pocket and eagerly watched Miles approach him.

"Here Phoenix take this!" Miles handed Phoenix his coffee, despite the cold, Miles still had a warm personality.

Miles quietly sipped his coffee, staring at the market and the hustle and bustle. Phoenix placed his hand on Miles' shoulder and slowly leaned into his ear.

"I want to show you something..."

Miles turned to Phoenix, his eyes sparkling. Phoenix stared back a smile creeping along his face. After a long pause, Miles stared back in confusion.

"Sooo are you going to show me?"

Phoenix slipped his hand into Miles' and pulled him along the market till he stopped under a small tree. There weren't many leaves left anymore and the birds had all left. The wind was bitingly cold now and Phoenix couldn't help but shiver, still, he was determined to make this a romantic day out, he wouldn't give in to the cold.

"Miles close your eyes and hold out your hands."

Miles hesitantly agreed, he nervously held out his hand and closed his eyes. Phoenix slipped out the figure from his pocket and tenderly placed it into Miles' hands. Miles opened his eyes and gasped nearly dropping his coffee.

"How did you know?!"

Phoenix laughed.

"Miles... Are you genuinely asking me how I knew? I'm your boyfriend, and even if I wasn't anyone could see you glancing at this figure every time we passed that stall. Come on Miles, you're a lawyer use your powers of logic, you're always ranting on about it anyways." Phoenix looked at Miles who was blushing not just from the cold but from embarrassment.

"Ok," Miles pouted. "Well you didn't need to be so harsh about it..." Miles looked up at Phoenix "And did you say you're my boyfriend?"

Phoenix blushed but he didn't want to back down, he smirked and replied.

"Am I not?" 

"Hmm let me think..." Miles laughed and hugged Phoenix. "Yes, I think you are my boyfriend. And I'm your boyfriend."

Phoenix hugged Miles back, they swung back and forth until Miles kissed Phoenix, Phoenix kissed him back. The sun started to set slowly and both men linked arm in arm staring at the sky turn from golden yellow to a rich pink and finally dark blue. Phoenix pulled Miles' arm and they made their way back to the apartment, embracing the fresh air and looking at every detail they saw.

"Today was great, thank you for the present Phoenix." Miles placed the figure onto the windowsill putting it next to a small plant. "I know it's your apartment but I want it here, so you can remember me when I'm busy."

"Why so sentimental? It's not like your leaving any time soon."

"Yeah... I'll always be here."

Miles yawned and rubbed his eyes softly, Phoenix watched as he saw Miles turn to him and smile meekly.

"I'm really tired. I think I might go to bed."

"Yeah I'm tired too. I think I'll go to bed as well."

Phoenix nervously clutched his arm and rocked back and forth.

"Do you want to- uhh so like," Phoenix laughed nervously "I mean if it's ok with you uhm would you-" Miles smirked.

"Are you trying to ask me to go to bed with you?"

Phoenix darted his eyes around the room he felt hot and embarrassed.

"Uhm y-yeah haha." Miles looked at him with a smile on his face.

"I mean if it's ok with you!" Phoenix kept talking, he couldn't stop himself. The nervousness took control of him. Miles approached him and kissed him.

" I'd love to..." 

Miles and Phoenix had finally gotten ready, Phoenix had splashed some water in Miles' hair whilst brushing their teeth and it ended in another water fight. Whilst Miles was drying off, Phoenix was busy wiping down the counters.

"Want some help?" Miles had borrowed some of Phoenix's pyjamas and was leaning against the doorway.

"No I'm just finishing off, why don't you go to bed I'll join you in a minute."

"Oh do you have any books I could read? I didn't bring any with me."

"Of course, there's a bookshelf to the right side of the bed. Choose anything you want from there."

Miles walked over and kissed Phoenix before leaving to choose a book.

Soon later, Phoenix joined Miles in bed.

"So what book did you pick out?"

"Well there weren't many options. You should really read more often. Anyways, I saw a few books but they weren't really interesting. I finally settled on this one."

Miles showed the book cover whilst still keeping his eye on the page.

"Ahh the mystery of the blue train! That's a good one."

After about half an hour Miles finally turned off the bedside lamp. Phoenix had already lied down but he hadn't fallen asleep just yet. Miles lied down and Phoenix turned over to hug him. He wrapped his arms around Miles who buried his head between Phoenix's arms. 

"I love you"

"I love you too Phoenix"

Miles kissed Phoenix's hand and with that the both of them fell asleep...