Back where it began Pt 2

Phoenix walked back into the courtroom and stood at his desk once more. The trial began again and Franziska von Karma angrily stared at Phoenix from across the room. She fiddled with her whip in her hands, preparing to let loose. The judge nervously called onto the prosecutor hiding behind his desk to avoid being hit.

"Prosecutor von Karma... Please call on your next witness."

Von Karma took a bow, just like how Edgeworth used to. Wow Phoenix thought, I guess when Miles was adopted by von Karma he really influenced Franziska too. They were just like siblings, imitating each others actions. Franziska smirked at Phoenix and mouthed very clearly the words, you will lose this trial.

"Yes your honour, for my next witness I call on Ms Lotta Hart."

Phoenix grabbed his notes and whilst he was skimming through, out of the corner of his eyes he saw a familiar face... Was that Mia?

Before walking into the courtroom Phoenix had tried to convince Pearl to channel Mia however, Pearl said that it would be difficult so Phoenix had given up hope.

"Mia?"

"Yes Phoenix, it appears Pearl was able to channel me after all. She must have really been stressed."

"Oh thank goodness you're here Mia, the trial has barely started and I've been struggling so much!"

With Mia here, Phoenix felt so much more prepared! He smirked back at Franziska who now had a look of shock on her face, she had already made herself aware of the Kurain channeling method which had been discussed earlier in the trial however, she probably didn't think she would see it for herself. If Phoenix had a camera he would've taken a picture. It felt good to have some entertainment.

"Defence... You seem to be distracted, is something the matter?"

"O-of course not your honour!" 

It was time for Phoenix to get his head in the game. Maya and Pearl needed him.

"Witness begin your testimony."

Lotta began to talk and Phoenix listened incredibly closely. She was an honest person but had the habit if exaggerating often, perfect for Phoenix to catch on to. It didn't take too long for the first contradiction to pop up which Phoenix uncovered quickly enough. As the trial went on everything got harder and more difficult to find. But then everything changed when Lotta presented that picture.

It was Maya looking like the spirit of what seemed to be Mimi Miney the dead sister that Dr Grey was trying to channel. She had blood all over her robes and was looking straight at the camera. It would be difficult to convince the judge that the woman in the picture which had the same hair and clothes as Maya wasn't actually Maya. 

"Oh my! Mr Wright, what do you have to say about this picture?"

Franziska smirked from across the room.

"Mr Phoenix Wright... I think you will find that your trial will end here. This evidence is undeniable."

Think Phoenix think.

He tried to explain the Kurain channeling technique maybe that would work. The judge seemed convinced, whilst Franziska stared on with hatred.

"Your honour... Mr Phoenix Wright is wrong. That woman in the picture is Maya Fey. Just look at her clothes and hair they are exactly the same."

OBJECTION!

It had been a while since Phoenix had said that word, the energy coursing through his veins as he pointed towards Franziska. She gripped her whip tightly to her chest.

"Your honour! Just look at the face of that woman in the picture. Maya Fey looks completely different than her! This is not Maya Fey!"

"You fool! How can you not see that the clothes and hair of the woman in the picture are the same?"

"That is irrelevant! Just look at her face. Can you tell me that Maya Fey looks like that?"

Lotta stared from the witness stand her face red with embarrassment. Most of her photos used in court ended up causing disagreements. Whilst Franziska and Phoenix were busy arguing back and forth, the judge was banging his gavel on the desk shouting for order.

"Mr Wright! Ms von Karma! It seems that both of you are having trouble getting your arguments in order. I think it will be best if we reconvene this trial at a later date."

Franziska stared in disbelief, she started furiously slashing her whip around whilst the judge cowered in fear.

"Your honour, I need this trial to be continued. I cannot have my perfect record of perfect trials ruined!"

Phoenix sighed, Franziska was a carbon copy of Manfred von Karma. He hoped that she could change before it was too late.

"My decision is final! We will begin this trial again tomorrow."

The judge pounded his gavel on the desk and that was that. The gallery began to walk out whilst Phoenix stayed behind to pack his things. Franziska walked over to Phoenix still tightly gripping her whip in her hand.

"I may not have been able to defeat you just yet but tomorrow, tomorrow will be your downfall..."

Phoenix ignored her even if she was terrifying.  His top priority was going to see Maya.

A/N

I am so sorry that this chapter took so long to release. It was really difficult to write. I don't think I 'll write another court episode again 😅. If you do want another episode like this please tell me so that I can try my best!