Sick days

Once Phoenix woke up in the morning he realised he was even worse than yesterday. He was tired, his nose was blocked and his eyes were dark and puffy, today was going to be rough. Phoenix glanced next to him and saw Miles looking just like him, a red, sniffling nose and red puffy eyes. He was sleeping so heavily, as though he had passed out. Phoenix didn't want to disturb him so he got up, his head immediately hurt but he carried on walking anyways. He pulled on a quick morning gown and went to the kitchen to make himself a cup of tea. Miles began to stir.

"Ugh my head" Miles leaned over and grabbed onto Phoenix's arm, making him sit back down on the bed. " I guess it was a mistake to lie down next to you..."

Phoenix kissed Miles on the cheek. "I told you so, now look at you you're sick."

"Well you're sick too" Miles tried to get up but Phoenix saw that he was clutching his head.

"I guess that tumble yesterday really got to you..." Phoenix helped Miles up and scooted next to him. He placed his hand onto Miles' forehead, it was burning up.

"Miles... I think you might have a fever, maybe you should stay in bed today. Okay? I'll help you out today, just don't overdo it."

Miles glanced back at Phoenix, a sadness in his eyes. "This wasn't how today was supposed to go."

Phoenix looked towards Miles, he wondered why Miles was so upset over something so small... So what if today wasn't going how he wanted it to? Phoenix went into hug Miles who leaned over to him, still sniffling.

"I'll go make us a cup of tea okay?" Miles nodded, still tired and a little sluggish.

Phoenix stood up and finally went to the kitchen and quickly made a warm cup of lemon and honey tea, perfect for a cold. As he stepped into the living room, he saw Miles trip over on a blanket wrapped around him, and fall onto the sofa.

Phoenix laughed and quickly set the tea's down he walked over to check if Miles was okay.

"Miles are you alright? You fell over quite quickly."

Miles stared up at Phoenix with a frown.

"I'm fine."

"Alright then," Phoenix reached over to the counter where he had last placed the tea."Here you go"

Miles reached out for the drink and tucked himself into the corner of the sofa, he looked over at Phoenix.

"So you said you would take care of me right?" Miles grinned.

"Yes I did say that, what about it?" Phoenix put an arm around Miles who was still smiling smugly at him.

"Well there's something I want to do... And I think that would count as taking care of me right?"

Phoenix was puzzled, he had no idea what Miles could be talking about.

"I guess?"

"Good, then I want to do it."

"Do what?" Phoenix was extra curious now, Miles had peaked his interest.

"I want to watch 'your favourite show'..."

Phoenix rolled his eyes.

"Oh no! Not that again! It's a kids show. Ask Maya to watch it with you..."

Miles pouted jokingly.

"You said you would take care of me and well...The remote just seems too far you see. I'm all bundled up and I can't reach it" Miles pretended to try and reach out to grab the remote, looking at Phoenix all the while.

"Ok ok fine" Phoenix answered grumpily, since Miles was sick and tired, he might as well do as he asks.

"Thank you!"

Phoenix spent some of the afternoon watching the Miles' favourite show, until Miles ended up falling asleep next to Phoenix. Even though Phoenix was a little sick too, he just had a cold, he didn't have a fever like Miles who was coughing even in his sleep.

Turning off the show which Phoenix admittedly thought was quite enjoyable, he went to do the dishes. They had been piling up and Phoenix didn't want to sit around all day doing nothing, it made him feel lazy.

As he did the dishes, which was quite therapeutic, Phoenix could hear Miles snoring from the other room. He must have been so tired, that cold really did do a number on him. 

The dishes themselves were and easy task, it was quite calming to look at the water lapping over the plates and cups, the soapy bubbles frothing from the sponge. It didn't take long for Phoenix to soon finish washing up. 

He began to clear away in the kitchen, still trying to find little tasks to get through the day with. Phoenix wasn't usually an organised or tidy person, but he still felt the need to clear away everything as neatly as possible...For Miles.

About half an hour after Phoenix had cleared everything away, Miles had woken up and successfully without falling over made it to the kitchen. 

"Aww thanks for cleaning and clearing everything away for me. It means a lot"

Phoenix could still see a slight sadness in Miles' eyes, he thought it was probably from the cold. Everyone always gets a little tired and sad when they have a cold.

"I must have slept for ages... Look at the time it's nearly five."

"Yeah well I didn't want to disturb you, you really needed that rest."

"I did... It gave me time to think too."

"About what?"

Miles shuffled over to Phoenix and wrapped his blanket around him.

"Nothing you should worry yourself about, I was only thinking about myself."

"Did you like the thoughts about yourself."

Miles answered playfully, "They were...Interesting."

That night Phoenix and Miles made dinner together, the unison and coordination as thought they were in sync. The chopping and slicing of the vegetable, the rolling of the dough, the simmering oil from the pan. It all added up to a delicious dinner which they both downed in minutes.

Phoenix yawned. "All this food has made me tired, I'm gonna go to bed."

"Okay, I'll clear up this time you already did that this morning."

Phoenix got ready and trudged back to bed, he collapsed and fell into a deep sleep. The last things he heard was the sound of the tap and Miles moving around in the kitchen.

A/N

Sorry if this chapter felt more like a filler, more exciting episodes are to come!