Conversations

Phoenix closed the door after watching Maya wave at him through the lift, he closed the door and braced himself for the conversation he was going to have.

"I didn't know you talked to Maya about me." Miles smirked, leaning onto a chair. He walked over to Phoenix and pulled his arm. Phoenix blushed and leaned in to kiss Miles who pulled away, causing Phoenix to collapse into his arms.

"Wow! Who knew you had gotten so flirty!" 

"Oh yes! But indulge me Wright, tell me why you talked to Maya about me. Am I so irresistible that you find the need to converse about me?"

"What's with the formal talk all of a sudden? It's not like we're colleagues."

"Oh but to the rest of the world we are." Miles pulled Phoenix into his arms again, questioning him over and over on whether he was such an important topic.

Phoenix chuckled before giving up, he couldn't avoid the question any longer, Miles was relentless in his pursuit if the truth, a lawyer through and through.

"Ok fine," Miles cheered, Phoenix kissed him just so he would stop talking, Miles blushed and kissed him back. "I needed to talk to someone about just how amazing you were, just how much I loved you..." Miles giggled, he was acting like a young girl, Phoenix couldn't help but love how comfortable Miles had gotten around him. "I'm not finished!"

"I talked to Maya because I could trust her, I knew she wouldn't talk about my feeling to someone else, she did obviously try to push the idea a little. You know, she even said that she would make sure that you and me got married. Anyways, I talked to her because I couldn't contain my feelings anymore..." Phoenix smiled and carried on talking. "I couldn't contain just how much I loved you Miles, you are the best thing to happen to me..." 

Phoenix felt Miles hug him, squeezing him tight and burying his head into Phoenix's chest, Phoenix gently placed his hand onto Miles' head. They sat in silence for a few minutes before phoenix pulled away and looked into Miles' eyes.

"I'm bored... Want to go shopping?"

Usually Phoenix hated shopping, the constant wandering around, the looking at the same objects for an hour, it was all so mundane. But something about walking around in the winter bundled together with Miles in a thick winter coat seemed so appealing. Phoenix just wanted to wander around with Miles, even if they didn't buy anything, Phoenix felt like he needed to connect with Miles by talking and trying to be together, not just sitting around and cuddling.

"Sure, I'd love that..." Miles stared back with sparkly eyes, not like he was going to cry, but like he was to captivate Phoenix.

"Let's get dressed and go to the market."

They walked to the market and looked around to see if they saw anything they like. Of course, after about and hour, Miles' gaze had been averted to a small Steel Samurai figure. He insisted he didn't want it but Phoenix could see in his eyes a glimmer. Every time they passed the stall, Miles would look towards it, Phoenix had finally had enough. 

"Miles, do you mind if you could get us some coffee? I'll give you the money."

"No it's okay. I'll pay." Miles kissed Phoenix on the cheek and left to go to a coffee shop.

Phoenix knew he only had a few minutes, so he ran to the stall where he saw the figure and talked to the old lady running it.

"So young man, you want to buy this figure?"

"Yes please ma'am."

"I wouldn't have expected a man of your age to be buying something like this."

Phoenix thought to himself, of course, this is for kids... No man my age should be buying this.

"Oh! I'm just buying this for my friend, he used to watch the show."

"Ok, would you like me to wrap this as a gift?"

"No no, I'll take it like this."

Phoenix payed and ran back to the spot he last separated with Miles, as he saw Miles coming back, Phoenix tried to play off his panic as normal. He was still breathing heavily, man, I really need to get in shape.