"I dont have a home"

It had been another long day, I'd left the house at 5am in the morning heading to the local park for a kick about before school then having a full day at school before heading to training and then finally taking a slow walk back to the care home.

As Gracie walked in the care worker greeted her at the door yet this wasn't ever a warm welcome but she was met with the usual stern stance and angry expression.
"Gracie this is every day this week we are on Friday now and you have missed dinner every day. What do you have to say for yourself?" The care worker tutted.
Before Gracie could answer some other kids joined in, in attempt to wind Gracie up.
"Ooo someone's in trouble" one child piped up
"She's probably too busy combing her hair or playing with a football" another chimed in.
"Ugh would you just shut it!" Gracie yelled catching the whole congregation of people in the hallway by surprise.

"Gracie Adams I will have none of that attitude in this house apologise now!" The care worker instructed.
"No, they are the ones getting involved and didn't even let me explain myself they are the ones you should be telling off" Gracie pleaded shoving past the group rather aggressively although not harming anyone.
"TO YOUR ROOM NOW!" The care worker shouted

_________
Gracie's POV:
After being shouted at by Leanne the care worker I was done I could feel my anxiety getting worse and anger radiating through me I hadn't meant to push the group the anger got the better of me. I grabbed my school backpack and began to pack a bag, I knew I couldn't pack much, not that I had much but I had to be very minimal. I packed up my Arsenal shirt and hoodie along with a pair of leggings, my toothbrush, hairbrush and makeup, charger and my football boots. I grabbed my phone shoving it in my pocket and lifted up the window slowly avoiding making much of a sound.

As I clambered out the window I cautiously threw my bag down and then climbed down behind it. Throwing my bag on my back I jumped the fence and ran.

I had no idea where I was running to but I had to get out of there it was no better living at the care home then at my normal house I had to leave.
Id been playing football for almost 10 years I knew how to run around a pitch for 90 minutes so running without a destination wasn't too much of an issue.

As I continued to run I began to run into St Albans town there wasn't too much going on however it was a Friday night and there was the odd few restaurants and the occasional bar that was lit up.
Desperate for the toilet and a drink i dived into the nearest bar kind of a restaurant.

As I entered I was so in my own head feeling anxiety ridden focusing on keeping my breathing regulated I hadn't been looking where I was heading simply looking for the toilet sign. I continued a light jog through the room till I crashed face first into the chest of a women.
"Oh gawd sorry about that you okay kid?" An Irish accent checked.
Looking up still not being able to process much other than the fact I had just ran away from the acre home and they probably had people out looking for me, I became even more bewildered when infront of me was Katie McCabe.
"Kid? Hello? You okay?" The Irish women spoke again placing hands on either of my shoulders.
"Ye- yeah- do you know where uh the bathroom is?" I managed to get out to where Katie pointed over to the room in the corner. Nodding thankfully I ran off into the room.

Caitlins POV:
I had been out for a while now with the Arsenal girls at this country looking bar, restaurant sort of thing which Leah and Alessia loved, me and Katie were having the best time and I had quickly excused myself to the bathroom.

As I was in the bathroom stall I heard a clang of the door, some panting and then another clang of a cubical door, after a few seconds of silence I heard some faint sobs.
I left the cubical and began to wash my hands hearing a flush and then the cubical from which the sobs were coming from opened.
Stood in the doorway was a young girl no older the 14 with beautiful long blonde hair and blue eyes that were redrimmed, she looked so put together yet covered in mud and her cheeks were tear stained.
The girl kept her head down forcing a smile and came next to me washing her hands.
"You okay darling?" I asked
"Yeah yeah good" she responded her voice breaking slightly.
I paused for a moment before continuing
"Look I know it's none of my business but are you alone?"
The blonde girl once again forced a smile as she nodded.
"Oh it's just you don't look nearly old enough to be here by yourself and i mean if your upset about something there's no use being by yourself" i explained desperately trying to help the girl.
"I'm okay honestly" she muttered but she couldn't quite fool me as a tear dropped down her cheek.
"What's your name hun?"
"Gracie" she whispered shyly
"Do you mind if I at least give you a hug?" I asked as my heart broke for the girl
The blonde didn't say a word simply wrapping her arms around my waist as I pulled her into my embrace.
"Hey come sit with me and my friends I don't want you being by yourself" I pleaded
"I'd like to but-" she began
"Please?" I asked again
"Okay" she smiled

Katie's POV:
I was sat on the table chatting with Viv and Kyra about the week ahead when I noticed Caitlin walking out the toilets. This time she wasn't alone and was instead walking out with her arm wrapped around the same nervous young girl who'd previously bumped into me. I smiled to myself slightly looking at how my girlfriend was caring for a child and how natural she looked.
"Hey guys this Gracie and she's gonna sit with us for tonight" caitlin introduced as she guided the girl to sit inbetween me and her giving me a reassuring smile as she did.
"Nice to meet you Gracie I'm Katie sorry about crashing into you earlier what a way to meet hey" i said introducing myself
"Ahah yeah I know I mean as embarrassing as it is I am a big arsenal fan but don't worry it was me bumping into you" she responded making me laugh slightly.
"Oi oi guys she's an arsenal fan caitlin you picked up a good one" i shared with the rest of the table.

Gracie's POV:
After the commotion with Katie and then seeing caitlin in the toilets and I honestly didn't know what to do with myself. I still felt sick to my stomach with anxiety yet I was basically living my dream sat at a table with all the Arsenal girls.
"Hey is that an Australian accent i hear?" Kyra smirked from across the table.
"Ahaha yeah I'm from Shellharbour Sydney area"
I replied
"Oh my god no way me too" caitlin turned to me rubbing my back to comfort me whilst also being excited at the similarities between us.

I had spent about an hour now chatting with the girls mainly Caitlin, katie, Kyra and Steph and the Arsenal girls began to leave.

"Hey can I take you home please? I can't leave you here" caitlin pleaded with me.
"I- I- I uh I don't have a home" i admitted

Writers note:
Hey everyone, I hope you have enjoyed the first chapter!
Let me know anything you want to see!