"The future of the matildas"

Caitlin's POV:
It was a few days later now, and Gracie has been loving her time here at camp, playing with harper, having ping pong tournaments with Sam, hanging with Lani, macca and i, playing pranks with Kyra and charli and she even had a sleepover in minis room last night.

I woke up this morning at around 7:00 getting myself up and ready and then heading next door to minis room to go collect my daughter.

As mini answered the door she had a very jolly smile on her face for such a time in the morning but as I see Harper sprint past followed by Gracie I could see they'd been up a while.

"How was she?" I say walking in.
"Oh perfect honestly, she played with harper for a bit then she helped me put her to bed, then we watched a film and went to bed, please when we are back in London I'll have her any time she's lovely" mini beamed
"Oh thanks mini, and same here with harper whenever you need"

"Mum!" Gracie yelled as she spotted mum dashing over to me into a hug.
"Hey babes did you have a good time?" I say planting a kiss on my daughter's head.
"The best! Thankyou mini for having me" she smiles as she releases from my hug and wraps her arms around mini.
"Anytime my love" mini says hugging her back.
"Okay breakfast anyone?" I say as we a grab our stuff and head downstairs.

After breakfast I'd explained the plan as to which we only had training in the morning today and then we'd planned to go on a fun boat trip this afternoon.

Id offered for Gracie to put on her football boots today so she could practice on the side which she was very up for.

Gracie's POV:
As mum began her warm up I stayed on the sidelines where I'd been sat most the week, I picked up the ball and began with some keep-yuppies seeing how many I could do.

"Wow kid you've got better control than a lot of senior players" one of the coaches says to me as they walk past.
I smile gratefully at the compliment and carry on dribbling around cones id set up and practicing all the drills I could do alone that I'd been doing at the academy.

After about 20 minutes of me playing and being completely in my own peaceful world of football I look up to see Mum walking over to me with Tony.

"Hey darlin you okay?" Mum says
"Yeah good just practicing" I say controlling the ball to a standstill under my foot.

"I can see that, and actually Gracie that's what I wanted to speak to you about, myself and the coaches have been watching you train on the side here not just today but all week, and may I just say I am incredibly impressed" Tony began

"Thankyou so much" i say shyly
"And I was wondering if you maybe want to get involved at training today, I definitely think you could keep up and it's an incredible learning experience too? And who knows maybe one day you may play for Australia, because to me you look like the future of the matildas, I'll give you two a moment and if your up for it just come on over " Tony finishes with a warm smile as he heads off to the group.

"Doesn't that sound amazing? But no pressure love, non at all if you don't want to that's absolutely fine" Mum says crouching down to meet my eye level.

"I want to" i say confidently.
"That's my girl" she says kissing my forehead and grabbing my hand as we walk towards the group.

Tony sends me a quick thumbs up as I join the circle, Tony sets out the instructions and we follow into the groups.

I get sent off into the midfield group for now although at the academy I'm leaning towards the striker role, being a midfielder feels comfortable to me.

"G come here lovely you just go after me and do what I do" Mini said calmly noticing the slight panic in my eyes.
"Yeah and I'll go after you so no pressure if your slow or get it wrong cause it's just me" Kyra says rubbing my back.
"Thanks Guys" i smile.