"PARIS HERE WE COME!"

Caitlin's POV:
Today was game day, it was our second leg against Uzbekistan and would determine whether we'd qualify for the olympics.

It was about 8am and Gracie was still fast asleep, the match wasn't till the evening so I decided it was best to pack up our stuff now so we could get off to catch our flight easier tomorrow.

My packing and Gracie's sleep was interrupted by banging on my door.
Gracie shot up from her sleeping fetal position, eyes wide open and confusion spread across her face at the loud noise.
"It's alright babe just someone at the door, COME IN!" I laugh lightly at the fear across my daughter's face. Taking in my words she cracked a small smile, getting comfier back in bed.

"Cait, Cait look who's on the phone that wants to speak to youuu" Kyra sang as she waltzed into our room. On the other side of the phone was Teyah.

"Too much energy ky" Gracie mumbled from under the duvet.

"Hey Teyah you alright" i laugh waving through the phone.
"Yeah just was gonna show you the new boots I bought, oh and coopurr wants to say hey" she replied.
This statement sparked the interest of a certain 14 year old as the duvet flung off from over her head and she came running over, placing herself on my lap sitting up to get her face in the frame.
"Hey G" Teyah laughed before panning the camera to coopurr
"Coopurr I miss you" Gracie cooed as Coopurr payed very little interest.

____________________

It was later on now and we were fully packed up and ready to get on the bus.

As I walked on with Macca and Alanna I could see behind me walking Gracie hand in hand with Ellie laughing about god knows what.

"Hey babe saved you a seat" i said patting the seat beside me as she got on the bus.

"Sorry mum I've actually got lots of plans this journey so I'm gonna go and sit over here with Ellie and Hayley if that's okay" she smiled
"Ahaha suit yourself we'll be having more fun over here" macca teased
"Doubt it" ellie laughed

Gracie's POV:
Once I got on the bus I sat on the window seat, Hayley next to me, ellie opposite and Steph next to ellie.
For the match I was wearing my 'Foord' Tillies shirt and Hayley had offered to do my hair.
She tied it up into a ponytail and added a yellow bow to match her own in.
"I love it Hayley thankyou" i beam
"You look gorgeous" she smiled

"Mum look at my hair" I twirl
"Ooo look at youu looking lovely, alessia will love that hair" she said

"Mama hair" I heard a little voice coo
"Oh harps shall we match our hair?" I say kneeling down as harper nods enthusiastically as i picked her up and took her over to Hayley who showed me how to do it.

"Look me you and Hayley all matching now" i beam as harper giggles.

Once we arrived at the stadium we stepped out the bus to hundereds if not thousands of fans stood cheering and screaming the matildas names, even a few of them shouting mine.
I was stood holding mums hand and I could hear so many people shouting her name.
"How do you feel if we went over to them?" She whispered to me
I took a moment to think
"Here I'll take her in, I'm gonna go straight in and get my knee taped up" Charli said taking my hand.
"You okay with that?" Mum asked cautiously
"Yeah definitely" I say confidently happily going in with charli.

After about 20 minutes of sitting in the medical room with charli who was just getting taped up for precaution I could hear all the chatter filling the changing room.

"Go on in I'll be out in a minute" charli smiled

I headed back into the changing room and headed over to macca and Alanna.
"Hey Gracie do you wanna come out with us look at the pitch?" They asked to which i nodded.
"Oi i always take her on pitch walks" Kyra pouted
"Then come with Kyra" macca laughed