"GO ON G!"

Caitlin's POV:
It was the next day now and Katie and I were on our way to training to drop Gracie off and go through some quick recovery before having the rest of the day off.

Once we dropped Gracie off at the door we stayed behind for a moment, knowing she was anxious about Hannah again yet I could see how comfortable she instantly felt when Lottie and some other girls came over to her hugging her hello.

Feeling better about leaving her Katie and I parked the car and headed inside.

We went to the gym for some stretches and then into the ice baths. Already in the ice baths was Beth, Viv, Frida and Vic. Katie got in first giving me a hand in as we stood chatting to keep our minds off the cold.

"So I haven't wanted to ask you infront of Gracie but do you know when the adoption is gonna be finalised?" Beth asked cautiously

"Well actually I needed to speak to you about this aswell" i say turning to Katie
"I spoke to the social worker again and i really want to get it done before international break in 2 weeks, they said they are really happy with the way things are going and are going to try and speed things up, they have offered me two dates that we can go to court, both next week" i say excitedly.

"Oh my god what!!" Katie shrieks jumping up and hugging me as half the tub of water gets splashed across the floor.
"Awh guys im so happy for you" Viv smiles
"I know I can't wait to tell her!" I say
"Wait so where's Gracie going to go when you're on international break?" Vic asked
"Oh yeah" katie replied
"God it's like picking who the child lives with in our divorce" Caitlin sighs
"We aren't even married yet!" Katie piped up as the room burst into laughter.

Gracie's POV:
It was lunchtime now and I'd had a pretty good morning, Hannah hadn't given me too much bother other than the dirty looks, which I could easily get over and I'd had lots of fun with the girls.

After lunch we had a friendly against a local team it was behind closed doors so no one could watch much to my mums and aunties disappoint, but for me I was quite glad, it was my first match with the academy and it gave me a chance to find my bearings before my actual 'debut' for arsenal.

As we were sat in the changing rooms putting on our boots and shin pads, my coach pulled me to the side.
"Gracie can I speak to you for a moment" he asked politely.
"OoOo someone's in trouble" I heard some girls tease
"Enough Hannah" my coach said sternly.

"Hi Gracie apologies about that, but I was actually pulling you aside to talk about positions for todays match, I know it's your first and we are still working out your positions, your pace, footwork and stamina is great for midfield but you also have scored many incredible goals so I'd like to put you as a forward for this match? How do you feel about being out number 9?" My coach explained
"Yes of course, I'm open to any position and will give it my best shot, quite literally" i laugh
"That's what I like to hear, you'll be in the starting line up, so go warm up" he said kindly pushing me towards the door.

As I jogged out I joined Hayley who was also in the starting lineup, warming up.
"Hey G what you doing out here?" She asked
"I'm starting! I'm gonna play forward this match" i say
"Gracie that's amazing I'm so happy for you" Hayley said pulling me into a quick hug before continuing to warm up.

The match began half an hour after, and was a fairly slow start, no goals on either side but we did dominate possession.
I made a few good tackles as I heard my coach congratulate me from the sidelines, yet the couple shots I took were either off target or batted away by the keeper.
The whistle blew and I jogged back in the tunnel, I was staying focused not talking to anyone as I sat, regaining energy and thinking about what I could do for the second half to make the impact.

As I walked back out I felt a hand rub my shoulder.
"Gracie keep calm, collected you got this I can see the potential in every shot" my manager said which fuelled my determination more.

The second half began just 5 minutes in i came running in towards the opposition, taking the ball from their feet and dribbling around the other players. I passed it over to Hannah and I got into space, Hannah paused for a moment looking for every other option than to pass it to me.
"HANNAH! PASS IT TO GRACIE!" My coach and all the subs shouted clearly as fed up as I was.

As Hannah reluctantly passed it to me I dribbled it down the pitch and took a strike, hitting top bins once again earning the first goal of the game.
I was quickly surrounded by my team all pulling me into hugs, considering this was a match behind closed doors I could hear very loud screams coming from the sidelines. As the team dispersed from around me and back to their starting positions i turned to where the noise was coming from, to see none other than Kyra and Teyah's heads poking up from over the fence cheering for me.
"GO ON G!"
I formed a heart with me hands quickly before heading back to my position.

As the game came to an end we were three up, I had scored another goal, it wasn't quite as pretty as the first one as I rolled it in the bottom corner, the goalie just missing along with Layla scoring the third.

After the match I had a quick shower and grabbed my stuff.
"Gracie, I just wanted to say you've really impressed me tonight, I definitely want to try you as a forward again, I know you didn't score in the first half, but you were strong and it's not always about the goals to be a great footballer and in this match you did both." My coach said to me.
"Thankyou so much it means a lot and I loved playing upfront aswell" i beam.

As i continued walking out, I saw Kyra and Teyah stood waiting for me.
"Hey superstar" Teyah says wrapping an arm around me.
"G you were amazing your mums are gonna be so jealous we got to watch" Kyra laughed to herself

"You didn't get to watch, you snuck in to watch" I laugh.

"Oh my god it's Kyra Cooney-Cross and Teyah Goldie" I heard voices muttering behind me.
"Hey Gracie good game do you want to introduce me?" I heard a voice say coming over to us, looking up it was Hannah.

"Nope" I say lightly as I nod for the three of us to start walking, Teyah and Kyra quickly getting the hint and sending a very unimpressed look to Hannah as they realised who it was.

Writers note:
Hey guys another rushed chapter apologies I just really wanted to get one out for you xx