"First day of many for you Kiddo"

The next day Gracie woke up bright and early by katie skipping in joyfully to wake up the girl.
"Come on Grace busy day ahead we gotta get you ready" she said cheerfully.
After 10 more minutes of convincing and now caitlin joining the pair to drag Gracie out of bed she reluctantly got up.

"Um what do i wear?" Gracie asked looking at the older women.
"Whatever you want love? How about leggings and your Arsenal hoodie, nice and chill" caitlin replied to which Gracie nodded and ran off to get dressed.

Caitlin's pov:
"Okay we have training till 2 then Gracie's care worker is coming at 4, everything's gonna be fine, fine right?" I asked Katie anxiety clear in my voice.
"Yeah we're all gonna be fine, just fine now it's good we've got training to keep us and her busy this morning and get Gracie comfortable with the girls, they'll be her family too" Katie said pulling me into a hug to reassure me.
"Okay I'm ready!" Gracie said happily as she came waltzing down the stairs with her blonde hair pulled into a loose low bun, sporting her Arsenal hoodie as she carried a backpack with her.
"What's in the bag?" Katie laughed
"Well basically everything i may need incase i get bored" Gracie answered deadpan.
"Don't you worry you will never be bored with this group of girls" Katie smiled flinging her arm around Gracie as the three of us headed to the car.

______________________
Katie's POV:
Once I pulled up at the training ground I tuned around to Gracie who was in the backseat, she'd be chatting the whole way here yet now we'd arrived she'd gone worryingly quiet.

"Gracie hey listen everyone here is so lovely and there's nothing to be anxious about i promise I mean you've briefly met most of them at the restaurant that night and you obviously know Kyra and Leah, Steph and Beth and I promise you, me and Caitlin will not leave your side" i said reaching for her hand to which she nodded shyly opening her car door.

As we walked in we headed straight for the canteen where i could hear the team's loud chatter.
"You ready?" Caitlin asked Gracie to which she once again simply nodded.
"Hey everyone! This is Gracie our uhm- and she's gonna be here with us today and maybe the rest of the weeks coming" i said introducing Gracie who stood slightly behind Caitlin clinging onto Caitlin's jumper who then wrapped her arm around the 14 year old pushing her forward slightly whilst holding her comfortably.
The teams faces lit up after my introduction all offering warm smiles to our Gracie.
"G HEY! Come sit" Kyra yelled across the room gesturing for Gracie to sit by her.
Gracie looked up at me and caitlin for confirmation to which we responded with an encouraging nod as she let go of Caitlin's arm and headed over to Kyra.

Gracie's POV:
I had been so nervous coming into training partially because it was so many new people and another part of me was overwhelmed by being at my childhood favourite clubs training ground with all their players.

As I sat down next to Kyra she immediately slid her arm around my shoulder making me feel at ease slightly as I had become fairly close with her the few times I'd met her.
"So this is Alessia, Vic, Teyah, Wally and Leah and guys this is G"
"Kyra me and you literally took Gracie shopping like two days ago we've definitely met" leah said face planting her palm.
"Well you never know she may have forgotten" Kyra defended.
"Ahhaha no i remember you Leah and nice to meet the rest of you" i laugh
We sat chatting for a while longer as I got to know the girls better and they got to know me, throughout breakfast most of the team also came up and introduced themselves individually most likely not trying to overwhelm me which I greatly apreciated.

After breakfast Jonas entered he came to introduce himself then asked the girls all to head to the boot room and out to training. As the group began to get up I felt an anxious spike in my chest as I looked around the room panicked slightly trying to find Katie or Caitlin.

As my head whipped around I felt a pair of arms land gently on my shoulders.
"Hey your okay don't worry here come with me, Katie's just over there" alessia said kindly as she guided me over to Katie.
"Thankyou" i whisper back with a smile as i greeted katie diving into her arms.
"You doing okay?" She asked me placing a kiss on my head.
"Yeah yeah good had fun, kyra, Vic and teyah are so funny and Leah, lia and lessi are so nice" I explained.
"Good good come on then do you want to come outside and watch or i think Teyah is going to do her rehab in the gym?" Katie suggested to me.
I took a moment to think before I looked back up at Katie with a slight smirk.
"Okay your not gonna offend me you can go with Teyah" katie laughed
"It's just so colddd outside " i moan
"We don't feel the cold the cold feels us kiddo, this is the first day of many of you here at training" katie smirks
As I role my eyes playfully i skip off toward Teyah.
"HAHA SHES HANGING OUT WITH ME IM MORE FUN!" Teyah teased katie as we walked into the gym.

Whilst Teyah did her rehab I sat on the side watching with the occasional joke and a chat with Teyah which was most likely just distracting the defender from her training yet she didn't seem to mind.
Whilst the trainer spoke to Teyah I found myself distracted by all the equipment , I'd only ever played football in a park on my own or occasionally with the boys at school id never seen anything like it.
I was quickly interrupted by my thoughts when Teyah yelled my name.
"Gracie hey caitlin was telling me your quite into your football, I mean trust me I know the gyms not quite the same but if we get you changed you could have a go on the treadmill and weights and stuff I'll show you" she suggested, i enthusiastically nodded and headed with Teyah to get changed.

It had been about an hour now Teyah had showed me how to do the weights and I was now on the treadmill. Running was one of my favourite things I always feel like I could go forever and I found it rather therapeutic.
"Hey you've got crazy stamina what position do you play? Midfield?" She asked me
I turned down the pace on the machine and turned into a light jog as I responded.
"I've never really played with a team so I don't actually have a position" i admitted once again to Teyahs shock.

Before Teyah could respond a loud sea of people came rushing inside.
"OI OI look kiddos running" beth cheered linking arms with Steph as the danced over to me, quickly followed by Katie and Caitlin.
"Hey have you enjoyed your morning?" Caitlin asked me as I turned my jog into a walk to cool down.
"Yeah it's been so good Teyah showed me how to do weights and then I've spent about half an hour on the treadmill" I explained excitedly
"Thanks Teyah" katie smiled wrapping Teyah into a hug.
"Nah no problem at all me and G had a great time" she said
"So you like running then eh?" Beth questioned
"Yeah love it!" I smiled
"Aaah things i love to hear" a booming voice came from behind as the group of us turned around.
It was Arsenal manger Jonas.
"We'll have to get you out there on the pitch and get more involved in training with us next time" he smiled kindly.
"Yeah I'd love that" I said shyly.
As the conversation between the rest of the girls continued I stepped off the treadmill and slipped under Katie's arm.
"Shall we get you home then?" She responded signalling to caitlin that we should head off.
We said goodbye to all the girls and began to walk out the door, i was quickly interrupted by a body launching its self at me.
"I didn't get a goodbye how very rude G" Kyra said as she wrapped me up out of Katie's arm and into a bone crushing hug.
"Sorry Kyra thanks for looking after me I should see you soon" I laugh reciprocating the hug.
"Yeah you will! Your way more fun than these lot" she teased as caitlin pushed her away.

"I'm so glad to hear you had a good day darlin" Caitlin said as we got into the car.
"Yeah I've loved it so much I still can't believe In a matter of days I go from that care home to London Coloney I'll never understand it" i smiled leaning back in my seat.

"Ahah we love having you here Gracie you were like a missing piece, you've fit right in, speaking of care homes though you do remember we have your care worker coming for a home check and review in a hour or two don't you?" Caitlin checked

It had completely slipped my mind and the happiness radiatiating throughout me came to a quick halt as I froze fear filling up inside me.

Writers note:
Hey guys let me know any friendships you want to see or like more Aunt/ niece relationships you feel you'd like to see develop. Or any storylines you may want to see are always encouraged too!

as you guys may know my fave is Kyra so I defo will incorporate her especially as it can play into the ausenal dynamic aswell.