"Our girl"

Gracie's POV:
It was almost 2 weeks later now, and lots has happened the 2 month mark of living with Katie and Caitlin passed, the media are starting to find out about me which is a whole matter in itself, we'd looked around some schools in the area and have officially signed for Arsenal academy and my first day will be tomorrow.
We came to a decision about which school I'll be attending although I will only be in once or twice a week as I'll be homeschooling the other three days along with training. I wasn't so nervous about starting the academy knowing Katie and Caitlin and all my aunties will be almost in the next room, however school was a different matter.
Schools id previously been to never failed to make me anxious id constantly have pains in my stomach and chest and id get so worked up id be sat there feeling sick to my stomach, I just prayed that this school would be different.

Katie's POV:
We were all sat in the changing rooms after training chatting amongst ourselves as we waited for showers and got ourselves ready to go home.
Gracie was across the changing room sat on Steph's lap chatting with Beth, whilst Caitlin and I were sat together as we explained the current situation in our house to Leah.

"So I'm really not sure where to go with it to be honest, it's bound to happen the media's gonna know about G but she shouldn't really be in the public eye till she's formally adopted you see" I explain to Leah

"Well why don't you?" She says
"Don't we what?" Caitlin asked matching my puzzled expression.
"Adopt her, why don't you adopt her? I mean she's been doing so well, managing her anxiety, she's starting with the academy, starting school and we all love having her around and correct me if I'm wrong but It's so obvious how much you two love and care for her, I've never seen you both be so serious but when it comes to gracie you really step up like you two are meant to be parents, parents to that little girl" Leah complimented us causally.

After a moment of silence to process the words being fed to us Caitlin spoke again.
"Well i know we'd love that I knew that's what I wanted the moment we fostered her I wanted her to be officially ours not just her foster parents, but would she want that? Maybe she doesn't want this to be permanent or maybe she's not enjoying it as much as we are?" Caitlin thought out loud.

"Are you joking? Look at her" Leah laughed at the ridiculous suggestion as we all looked over at Gracie who was now on Kyra's back as the Aussie ran around the changing rooms being chased by Beth and Steph squealing and giggling away.
"Katie save me!" She yelled as Kyra put her down and she ran over to me flinging herself into my arms and sitting on my lap.
"She loves you" leah mouthed at Caitlin and I before she went to fight for her turn in a shower.

_______________________
Gracie's POV:
Turns out I was nervous for my first day of training, Katie woke me up this morning and helped me get ready, plaiting my hair the way alessia had taught her the previous day for me whilst Caitlin made me breakfast, once we were all ready we headed to training.

At the grounds we ran into Beth and Viv.
"Hey friends!" Beth called
"Hey guys you okay?" Katie asked them as they began to flow into conversation, I couldn't really participate as I had zoned out processing the events of the day to come, I stayed closely clinging onto katie who was waffling on not realising my lack of contribution.
"G? Hey you okay my love?" I heard someone say as they grabbed my hand, I looked to see Viv crouched down beside me to get down onto my eye level.
"Just a bit nervous, first day of training" I say quietly

"Ohh yeah caitlin just said, well it's totally normal to be nervous on your first day of something, but I saw you in training the other day, you have nothing to worry about your amazing just go have fun don't put too much pressure on yourself okay?"  Viv said reassuring me as she pulled me in for a hug.