"Beacuse shes 14"

Katie's POV:
We got home from training and all three of us split off for showers and to get ready as we'd planned to go out with the Arsenal girls for dinner as a celebration of Gracie's first day in the Academy.

"You ready to go?" I yelled up the stairs and Down came Caitlin and Gracie.
"You both look beautiful" I say in awe at my girls kissing them both on the cheek as we head out.

Once we arrived I parked up just around the corner of the restaurant. We got out the car and began to walk, turning the corner  we were almost immediately bombarded by cameras, flashing lights, shouting photographers and excited fans. Behind this crowd coming towards us I could see Leah and Beth who had just been the centre of attention moments before.

Watching this big crowd come towards us I quickly grabbed onto Gracie's hand who was frozen in both fear and shock.
"Come on G keep your head down" i say quietly as i try to keep walking, as i began i was pulled back as Gracie had frozen looking at me with pleading eyes, as she bit her lip nervously.

"KATIE, CAITLIN HOW WOULD YOU SAY THE SEASONS GOING SO FAR?"
"WHOS THE CHILD?"
"WE SAW HER AT THE MATCH!"
"CAN WE GET PHOTOS?"

As I stood looking at Caitlin, us both wondering what to do, I suddenly saw Leah and Beth push through the crowd.
"MOVE BACK GIVE THEM SPACE" Leah yelled assertively.
"Your gonna have to pick her up, we need to get her inside" Beth whispered

Without a second thought Caitlin swept Gracie up putting her on her hip as Gracie burried her face into Caitlins neck, i became like an almost body guard keeping my arm firmly wrapped around them as we walked.
"Please move, EXCUSE ME MOVE!" I yelled as the photographers didn't move out our way instead getting their camera inches away from Gracie's face which riled up my anger more.

Once we managed to get into the restaurant, The waitresses managed to get us a private area where we could sit away from the window.
We headed to that table, Caitlin, me, Gracie, Beth and Leah were the only ones here at this point giving us time to breathe from the situation outside before everyone else came.
As Caitlin sat down beside me she placed Gracie on her lap.

"You okay darling?" She asked calmly
"Y- Yeah" Gracie stuttered
"I'm so sorry that happened" i say rubbing her back
"Yeah we could of handled that better, it's just we had to think quickly as the media aren't really supposed to see your face until your adopted you see" Caitlin apologied
"No it's okay I understand, It was just unexpected and I froze" Gracie said as she bit her nail.
Pulling her hand out her mouth and holding onto it tightly i looked her in the eye,
"Yeah it was unexpected for us too but you know we've got you always and wouldn't let anything happen to you? You were always safe even in that situation" I say sincerely
"Y- Yeah I know it's just hard to remember" she says as she hugs me.

She took another deep breath and moved off of Caitlins lap onto the chair beside her.
"Right what's for dinner then" she sighed happily making us all laugh.
About 10 minutes later we were all too deep into conversation to hear the footsteps come up behind us as a pair of hands pressed up against my eyes making me jump at the shock.
"Guess whooo" a Dutch accent sang
"Hmm Steph?" I joke
"Meee" Vic jumped out as if it wasn't obvious.

Gracie's POV:
As all the girls flurried in our original orderly seating arrangement inevitably went out the window.
As more and more chairs got brought in Katie and Caitlin went further and further away as they now sat the opposite end of the table to me with Kyra and Teyah between them whilst I sat with Alessia and Beth deciding what drinks to get.

"Hey how about a cocktail?" Beth said enthusiastically
"Beth she can't she's 14" alessia laughed
"Oh but Grace you could have a mocktail? The berry one looks good" alessia said blantently pointing over to another table who had the mocktail as they all stared back at her judgementally.
"Gosh I just liked their mocktail" alessia huffed.
"Oo how about we get the mocktail and pretend it's a cocktail let's see how Caitlin reacts" Beth said excitedly.
"Why not see how katie reacts why just caitlin?" Alessia asked confused
"Haha do you really think Katie cares if I drink alcohol" i laugh agreeing to the mocktail prank.

A while later out came our drinks as beth took my drink off the tray and handed it to me as obviously as she could to catch Caitlins attention.
"Thanks Beth this looks good" i say loudly joining in,
In the corner of my eye I see Caitlin's face drop and her eyes widen as she sits up in her seat trying to get a better look at what i was about to drink.

"Uhm what you got there G?" She said visibly attempting to be cool about it
"I got her a cocktail" Beth interrupted nudging me to take a sip.
"A cocktail?" Caitlin said her eyes narrowing
"Hold on there Gracie stop a sec" she instructed
"Beth you bought my 14 year old daughter a cocktail?" Caitlin said her voice raising slightly.

Hearing Caitlin call me her daughter made an uncontrollable smile grow across my face and a flip in my stomach not the nervous kind but the excited, I felt at home.
"Yeah why not?" Beth said interrupting my thoughts
"Because she's 14" caitlin pleaded
"Ooh what you got there G?" Katie said missing the whole drama as she came out of her conversation with Stina
"Cocktail" i smirk
"Ooh nice what flavour?" Katie asks
"Katie!" caitlin puffs slapping her lightly
"We're kidding kidding it's a mocktail relax Mother Cait" Beth joked
"How could you not tell it was a joke did you not see less covering her mouth from laughing the whole time" beth continued
"I hate you" caitlin laughed covering her face with her hands in embarrassment.

After the evening continued it was time to go home, Kyra and Teyah were staying the night so drove off to our house first whilst we waited for the all clear to leave the building without anymore paparazzi scares.

Once we arrived home Teyah and Kyra suggested deserts so volunteered to go to the local supermarket to pick out a selection, leaving the three of us at home to get ready for a movie night.

Caitlin's POV:
Whilst Gracie was upstairs getting her pyjamas on me and Katie decided this would be the time to ask her how she feels about adoption, we'd been getting the vibes that may be what she wanted over the past few days and we couldn't hold off any longer knowing those paparazzi photos were coming out and would just continue till the media got their answers.

Once Gracie came down we sat her down on the sofa between us, the same way we have to deliver all news we've had to share.

"Okay G so don't feel pressured at all, like please be honest with us, don't feel like you have to say one thing to please us or you feel things are going to fast, but we've been talking recently and feel that your doing so well with handling your anxiety, starting school in a few days, the academy and you just overall feel like the missing piece of our puzzle you've fit right in from the start and there's nothing more that we'd want then to make you offically our daughter, in our hearts you already are but legally you can be too, if we adopt you?" I say taking a deep breath after my speech.

Gracie's POV:
Hearing Caitlin say those words, I felt I was dreaming, because I had, I had dreamt of this day for as long as I have known them. I feel at home here, loved and safe and part of a family that's something I'd never felt.
"Really? You'd want me?" I muster out through the shock
"Of course we want you baby" katie smiles tracing her fingers over my cheeks
"It's not too fast because everything's been so fast since i got here and I wouldn't have it any other way, you guys are the parents I have never had like the.... The mums i always wanted but never got" I admit looking down.
"So is that a yes?" Caitlin smiles
"Of course it's a yes!" I yell hugging them both.

"And lovely, we'd want nothing more than to be your mums don't feel guilty about saying it" caitlin says kissing my cheek.
"Yeah exactly it'd mean the world, wait but two mum's that's gonna get confusing" katie pondered
"Ahaha you can mam Katie and Caitlin you can be mum" i laugh
"I love that" they say in unison.

Before I responded in walks Teyah and Kyra
"We've got Treatsss!" They yell
"Well here's our others daughters" caitlin laughs
"Perfect timing for a celebration because I'm getting adopteddd" i sing jumping up and down over to Teyah and Kyra.
"WHAT!" Teyah yells
"NO WAY!!" Kyra shouts as they both lift me up and we dance around the kitchen.
"Yess we love baby sis" Teyah laughs kissing me on the cheek as she carries me over to the sofa
We set up all the snacks and shove on a film, the five of us getting cozy on the sofa and compeltely pigging out.