He Knows

Racer's fists dug into my hair. Pulling my face harder against him. But this time he brought me against the base of him. Pressing so far into my throat I couldn't breathe.

"Ah. Ah. Ahhh." He too shuddered with pleasure. His head falling back, and his entire body angled toward my face in offering as his nerve endings exploded with life.

I licked along his length. Coaxing the last few drops out of him until he too yelped in objection because he was so overly sensitive from his rough climax. He stumbled backward and dropped to the floor. Lying on his back as spent as his brother.

But Vanquish was staring at me. His green eyes unblinking.

Unwilling to allow me from his sight for even a moment.

The intensity of him was nearly overwhelming. With his brothers out of the way he rolled us over. Hooking my thigh with his knee and turning me onto all fours, aligning him with me still.

He re-entered me. Flexing through me. His power evident in each long stroke as he had me.

"I know..." He whispered in my ear.

"What?" I turned my head to look at him. Seeing the other two men still collapsed on the floor, I knew they were busy fighting their animal instincts and were unaware of our whispering just now.

"I can smell it, feel it." He whispered in a primal way. "You'll go into heat soon. But you're already ready..."

I spun my head to look at him. Ready?

"I'm going to fill you with pups, Vanna Rae."

"But we've been trying for a year..." I said in confusion. Doing mental math and realizing he was likely right.

I am in season.

Shit.

He leaned back. Staring down at my face as he stroked my lower back. Dragging slowly out of me then pushing in.

Hard.

I panted each time. Startled at the sensation of him touching me so deeply. I knew with me on all fours he was perfectly aligned with my womb.

He knows too.

This was the most likely position for wolves to be impregnated.

He made a disapproving cluck. "Lyra Lani had told Draven about the tea. He'd told us males. We've all been watching for our mates, drinking it."

I gave him a wide-eyed look. "You didn't say anything."

"You had a mission." He countered a bit breathlessly. Pausing as his body shivered.

Mine was clamping down on him. Beginning to caress over him as I involuntarily tightened. Growing perilously close to my climax.

Then I felt him.

Hot heat filling me. His long growl of triumphant pleasure.

He fell over my back to whisper to me.

"We'll all want you to carry ours." He lifted my hair to whisper along the shell of my ear. "But I want them first."

"I don't know..."

"You're ready, Vanna Rae." He said. "You've completed your mission. Your brother is home. We nearly lost you tonight. We need you to be ours now. Let your brother be King. Let him lead the wolves. Let you lead us."

I rather liked the sound of that actually. Warmth swirled through me.

He dropped his cheek along the back of my neck as I slid my legs from beneath me, lowering both of us flat on the cool floor as we relaxed. "You're fierce, a fit princess, and when your brother needs you again. We'll follow you."

Those words broke me.

Tears welled in my eyes. Because, for a moment, when he'd spoken of getting me with pups, I'd thought he didn't know me at all. But when he said the last, it told me he did.

He just wants a life with me too.

As if to confirm my words, he whispered. "You're more than a Princess to me, you're mine. My heart and soul. My mate, I want you for the mother of my pups..."

"I want to be one..." I confided. Surprising myself with my sincerity.

It wasn't something I hadn't wanted.

I'd just feared it when I felt I still had much to do.

When I was still trying to remember.

There was still much of me that was lost somewhere in my own mind. But I felt that I had put together the important pieces.

I may not know all of who I was then.

But I know who I am now.

He stretched to lean up and rub his cheek along mine.

As we would've done as animals.

I heard the other two moving into a crawl and dragging themselves over to join us. Curling around us to share our warmth as we did our bodies.

My lovers.

My mates...

***

They woke me through the night. One at a time. I gave them pleasure and in return they were gentle and attentive. Ensuring that I too enjoyed the interchanges.

Far different from last year. I noted.

It was in the early hours of the morning that someone rolled over my tired body.

I grumbled in objection but lips on mine were sweet. Smelling of trees and earth.

As wild as the male.

I could feel the brush of his fingertips along my shoulders and cheek. Following my hairline over my forehead and down my collarbones to scoop one of my ample breasts.

I still hadn't opened my eyes, exhausted.

Still, I knew which one this was.

I would know his touch in any darkness.

"Vanquish." I murmured quietly.

"My mate." He said back. Setting his lean body over mine so I could feel the erect member at the crux of his thighs. "Do you know how I hunger for you."

He was whispering in my ear. "How I desire you every moment. I could live in you..."

He slid slowly into my sore channel. Letting it adjust to his girth. Giving me time. He brushed my lips with his. Teasing my senses and my mouth. His darting tongue taunting me. Withdrawing just before I could nip it.

I gave a pleasurable moan.

"I could stay here forever."

"That sounds painful." But my lips were turning in a smile.

"Does it?" He was enjoying my smile.

I nodded.

"Open your eyes and look at me, She-Wolf."

I peeled them open to look at his glistening green eyes. To see the dark shade of his hair falling over his forehead.

He was all sensual intensity. His flat chest tightened along the center and sides with every movement.

"How did you ever find me?" I murmured in wonder. Astonished by his beautiful face.

"Fate brought you to me. And fate will leave you in my arms long after time stops."

"Don't talk like that." I whispered. My heart ached at the beauty of his words.

And my yearning for them to be true.

"Why not?"

"Because it is so far from who I tell myself you are."

"When you want to keep me at arm's length. When you pretend you don't love me back with every fiber of your soul."

"I do." I confided.

"I know..."