Chapter 2

(After 5 years)

"Hey Charlotte! Do you want to come with us? We will go to the mall." A classmate of mine asked me while I was still sitting in my chair in front of me at my school desk. And they are around me, 3 of them specifically.

"Sorry guys, I can't today," I told them while smiling at them and when I gave them that kind of expression, they could already tell why. They took a sigh but then accepted their defeat for today.

"Alright alright Charlotte, we know that your childhood sweetheart is coming home," they said while grinning at me maliciously. My classmates knew how I was friends with Kyle because sometimes when he was not busy, he came with me here in school and some of my classmates would gush over him but most of the time my classmates humbly explained that he couldn't accommodate them because he was with me. Sometimes my classmates would ask me to tell Kyle to play with them when he visits, but when I did ask Kyle he didn't want to because he didn't want to be attached to them because he knew he could not have that kind of life. So I just told them that Kyle is just a busy person.

"Bye guys, I am sorry! See you in two weeks!" I said as I walked out the door looking at them waving goodbye and walked out the door.

Kyle and his father would be fetching me this afternoon and I was at the parking lot of the school, I could already see Kyle leaning in their car waiting for me while his arms crossed his chest. When he saw me already, his smile got wide, and anticipated me to come near him. When I got near him, he then ran towards me gave me a big hug, and spun me around.

"I missed you so much Charlotte!" he said happily

"I missed you too Kyle!" I said in return not because I had to but because I do miss my childhood best friend.

He then let go of me already and he carefully looked at my face as if he was admiring every inch of my face.

"Let me get your bag, and let's go home," he said and I just nodded

His father greeted me when I saw him in the driver's seat

"Hi, Uncle Grant!"

"Nice to see you again Charlotte!" He greeted me while looking at me as I hopped on the back seat. Uncle Grant and Auntie Grace come to Kyle whenever he goes and they were the ones who manage him other than his agents whom I already met sometime when we just arrived here in Canada.

"So how was school?" Kyle asked when we were both well seated next to each other.

"Well, guess who got straight A's this semester? Of course, it's me hahaha "I told him excitedly and bragged to him about my achievement.

"That's wonderful! I am proud of you bestie." he expressed and gave my shoulder a couple of gentle taps

"I am proud of you too Charlotte," Uncle Grant said while driving the car and took a peek in the rearview mirror. I thanked him.

"How about you, how was New York?" I asked him ready to hear his side of the story

"Well...it was fun. But it would be more fun if you were there, right dad?"

"Yes it would, sometimes you have to come with us Charlotte." his dad answered and offered

"Of course, of course, I am also curious about what is that side of your life."

"Great! We will be flying to Las Vegas two days from now to watch the Super Bowl with the cast. And I have an extra ticket."

"Don't worry Charlotte, I already asked your parents earlier when we arrived and they just told us if you want to come then it's fine with them." Uncle Grant assured me.