Chapter 23

Months yet again passed us by, and today is Kyle's and I's birthday celebration that our Potion's Inc. family arranged for us. After our shoot earlier, they surprised us with a party in a private karaoke place here in Downtown Vancouver. It's a big place for about 20-30 people who could fit in with many spaces we could move in. The cool thing about this place is that there's a stage, so anyone who would sing they can go to it like a real singer.

Present in the party are Luna, Jane and Levi. As well as my family and Kyle's family of course. I introduced my family to everyone while everybody was singing and having fun.

"Mom, Dad. This is our director Eli. Eli, they are my parents."

They shook hands while having a friendly smile on their faces

"Your daughter is the most talented kid I have seen! She acted so easily even without any background to it. You guys are lucky to have her." i thanked him with a smile

"Yes! We are. Thank you for taking good care of our daughter while we were apart from each other."

I then left them to it as I saw Kyle being pulled on stage to sing by Timothy and Mckenna. They were laughing while Kyle refused to sing in front of everyone.

"Come on! Kyle! It's your birthday! Sing for us!" Timothy said

"Alright! Alright! I'll do it!" Kyle said while he shook his head and laughing how ridiculous they are

I then stood in front with Mckenna and Timothy. Just a few meters from the stage. Mckenna and Timothy stood beside me as we waited for Kyle to sing.

"I just want you to know, you are next to sing hahaha" Timothy whispered to my ears

"Yes sir, whatever makes you guys happy hahaha" i said mocking his whisper which made him laugh too

The music then began to start, the song that was chosen was One Time by Justin Bieber. The song was chosen by Timothy prior to Kyle knowing it. Kyle then confidently sang the song as everyone looked at him, and his eyes were often locked to Charlotte like he meant every lyric of the song is for her. Charlotte was also singing with him off the stage and they were both pointing at each other. They were feeling the song as if they were the only people in the room. Their voices were overshadowed by everyone else because they were also singing the song loudly.

After Kyle sang everybody cheered and clapped at him, including his parents who were very surprised that he could sing very well. Another talent that their son just acquired.

Charlotte then voluntarily went to the stage as promised and Mckenna was the one who put up the song into the machine. The song chosen was Jump then fall by Taylor Swift. Like how it was with Kyle's performance, everyone also sang with her and they even waved their hands as they watched. She was also looking and pointing at Kyle whenever she could, so did Kyle as he sang the song with her. As Charlotte's voice soared, weaving Taylor Swift's lyrics into a tapestry of emotion, her gaze fixed on Kyle, a beacon in the sea of faces. With a graceful gesture, she pointed to him, and in that moment, time seemed to pause. Hearts swelled with the melody, a collective sigh of joy and wonderment escaping into the air, painting the night with the colors of shared emotion.

After Charlotte sang, they cheered on her and told her how they didn't know that she and Kyle could sing really well. Their art director then suggested that they should add an original song for the series, which Luna and Eli agreed on. They said that they'll work it out.

Levi then sang them a couple of his original songs and a song from One direction called Night Changes.

"This song is for our birthday girl and for our birthday boy. Charlotte and Kyle, for growing up and for their dreams. I am proud of both of you, and happy birthday!" Everyone clapped and cheered to him when Levi said it